Circumstances

***** Circumstances*****

1

Life is really unfair. I mean I can t believe it, I had failed the entrance exam at Ateneo!!! What will now my parents say? Oh gosh!! I can actually hear my mom saying what! Nak... & . Why didn' t you pass? Then my dad would second it with a tongue lashing statement. Then I will go to my room and cry. I sighed and walked with my head bowed low.

Again I had failed. Just like what I always did. Failed in getting my dad's attention, failed in getting the nod of my mother's angelic face, failed in the socialize world, failed in bringing honor to the family. I guess I'm really is born to be it, A living failure.

I searched for a taxi as a step out of the campus gates and found one. As I sat inside the Taxi, I realize that we are slowly speeding Main Street. I sighed in relief we are undergoing traffic. I still have more time to collect myself and in times like this Emo situation there's only one thing I always do and that is meeting my best friend Patty.

"what?!"

Patty quipped in alarm after hearing my problem. I went to her house that day and at the moment she saw me sitting in the soft cushions of their sofa, she instantly felt that's there's something wrong with me.

"I know, but the thing is I don't know what to do, I mean if I lied to my parents, they will find out sooner or later"

Then Patty hugged me. I really loved Patty so much because she's like a sister to me. We are compatible, we have the same taste, same crushes, same friends, same biorhythm and same dilemmas in life, Although her dilemmas is on boys because she really can't handle a long term relationship and can you believe it! At the age of 17 she had already undergone five serious relationships.

"Sorry Annica but I can't help you; I mean you know your parents..... They're so..."

"Perfect"

I finished for her.

She just look at me with a sad face and I closed my eyes to stop the tears that is about to flow. I bit my lower lip and breathe for a few seconds before opening my eyes and decided to go home.

At my house, the first thing that I notice is my kuya Aris shiny pair of leather shoes and as I looked up to see his face, I realize that his getting ready for a date. His hair was styled like before in his senior prom and is wearing a brand new Lacoste shirt and denim jeans.

"kuya Aris, where is mom and dad?"

I said then he turned to look at me and gave me a smile.

"Not yet here, by the way have you passed the exam?"

He said

"Kuya...."

"Ehm..."

"Hindi eh"

At first I thought he'll be disappointed but I was stunned when his face soften and went to me to hug me and because of his reaction I can't help but cry. Damn him I thought to myself, He really always makes me cry not in the sense that he'd hurt or tease me but just for a simple reason that he simply understands.

"Don't worry there's still that other university that you secretly took the entrance exam"

He said while patting my back. Yes I thought but I know my parents wouldn't approve of this because it is not a known university. He kissed my cheek before leaving and told me to be strong. I smiled and locked myself into my tiny room.

I lay on my bed with my arms spread wide open. I really am feeling sober and in any minute mom and dad will be here expecting the good news, that another Montalban will officially be an atenean and how shameful it is that I, Annica Cristina Montalban didn't passed the exam.