Chapter 1

Hi guys so this is my second attempt at a writing a story, i hope i wont delete it again but i'm very excited for this book so stick around to see what happens.

******

" All packed" my mother yelled from the moving truck that was parked in our front yard. Usually i would have dreaded moving but this was good for me, this is good for my family and this is what i needed.

I needed to convince myself of this because its what i'm using to cope.

change is good, change good. i chanted in my my head.

" just a minute, i need to make a call." i slipped through the back door that is attached to the kitchen where i was standing, into our vegetable garden. pulling out my phone and dialing a fully memorized number while looking to see if my mother was any where close. It was just us today, my brothers had already gone up to the house to choose the best room and i had to stay behind because my mother needed help to watch the men pack our boxes into a truck.

"yow" he answer at the second ring, as it was a code to say well you' important enough for me to wait until it ring twice before i hear your voice'. i momentarily rolled my eyes at the remembrance of this statement.

" did you contact your guy" heading straight to the point because I had no time to waste or to risk my mother hearing this conversation.

" yeah i gave him your contacts and your schedule, he'll text you when he needs you but you will have to fight this week because you're new". he explained

"yeah no prob, i'll make you proud"

" you better, i'm gonna miss you" his tone was a bit more serious at the end, he was always like an older brother to me, the kind that doesn't really act like a brother? how ironic. but he keeps me safe in the streets and now i'll have to do that on my own.

" you better, i gotta go but i'll see you soon Job"

"yeah, later light" he never use my actual name just in case someone hears our conversation or see us together so to him i am always light. The girl who never gets hit.

----------------------------

The ride to get to our house wasn't as long as i expected or maybe it was but because i was so preoccupied with the thought of having a fight this week I hadn't noticed. I didn't trust this guy, i don't know him so i don't trust him but Job recommended him so i'm in good hands i guess.

All the boxes were stocked high in the living room, all labeled. mine had a 'A' lazily drawn on each side while Cory neatly wrote his entire name on all his and Jowel just draw a red line a cross his. Mommy didn't even bother to label hers as we knew our boxes, so we won't have a need to take up anything extra.

" i told Jowel the back room was mine so you could get it, you can leave through your window without getting caught" he grabbed of of his box and half shouted. " you can thank me later"

i smiled to myself New York be prepared because here i come.

**************

hey lubies,

so thats chapter 1 hope you loved it and ill be sure to make them more interesting

love terry