chapter 8: Home Sweet Home

coming home was always the hardest part of my day, its easy to walk out in the morning but returning is where the world stops, after closing that door behind you all hell  breaks loose. I stood outside and took a deep breath, this is it. i probably stood there for thirty minutes before slowly walking towards the door, maybe i blow things out of proportion or all i need to is be calm and behave normal. If only I knew what is, I could.

The house was quiet when I enter. I stood there with my back against the door looking around cautiously, something was wrong and I knew it. An alarm went off in my brain and I was on guard instantly.

"Corey?" I called him knowing he wasn't here. He couldn't be.

I slowly walk to the stairs, taking a step at a time waiting to here a sound.

"Corey I have a fight tonight."

"No you don't" yep I knew this had something to do with this  before turning around. If there is one thing I knew it was that if a fighter is going to attack you he doesn't wait. He doing it without hesitation because he need to feel that rush or he need to get out his anger so I knew I was safe.

"Who are you" I also know that he won't give me his name. His face seemed to remain emotionless but when I asked the question he looked to the left and inhaled deeply.

" not important, all you need to know is that the fight tonight is not happening, in fact you won't be fighting for night anymore. You will be fighting for me from now in and if you have sense as I think you do,  you will not object."  Well I'm guessing he doesn't know me at all.

I straighten my back and walk down the three steps that I had taken  earlier. I stop in front of his very build body. He had on a black shirt and  jeans, he seemed like someone who didn't wear anything but black and white tee-shirts. He stood tall, intimidating and without a doubt he was strong.

I felt small in front of him. My heart was pounding against my chest and I had to swallow and discretely take a deep breath before speaking.

" I fight for who I want to fight for, in fact I fight for myself and if you have sense as I think you do, you will leave my house and never return"

I take orders from no one, I doesn't matter who you are.

" you won't live to regret it" he sound true to his winds and no doubt he will be everything in his power to to make my life hell, oh well the devil can't live without hell can he or she. I smirked mischievously  at this thought and took a step forward.

" do your worst just make sure you can take what comes your way" I turned to leave but stop before adding " do let the door hit you on the way out"

I walked beside the stairs into the living room, waiting to hear the door close and when it did I rushed to lock it. Still breathing heavily I pulled out my phone and called ezzy.

When the phone answered all I said was " we need to talk "

*******
Ezzy came over immediately after I called him. He said it wouldn't be safe to talk on the phone and the could be the possibility that he man would send someone to hurt me so he came over even after I begged him not to.

He was now sitting in the single couch as he explained the situation to me.

" his name is lucus and he isn't joking when he says you're going to regret your decision." His eyes travelled back in time it seem, as though he had experienced this before.

"What? Should I have said yes"

"Noo" he almost shouted. He then  sighed " but now you need to be very.....very careful"

He got up from where he was seated and walk over to me on the bigger sofa and sat beside me.

" you're new here and you're a fighter, you're going to have to pick a side and this comes with a lot of trouble. Not just for you but also for your family, are you ready for that"

I thought about it. Maybe this isn't worth it. Corey always secretly want me to stop fighting. Maybe this is my chance to be normal. But people already knows I'm a fighter, well just people from the warehouse any way. I can fight when I am the only one that gets hurt, I draw the line when my family gets involved.

" I think its time for me to get out then" three years gone down the drain. I gently nob my head to my self as to accept the choice I made. This it.

It's time to be normal.

★★★★★★★

Hey I'm back so prepare for more chapters

Terry ^-^