41. Proud

"Morning" Josh smiles as he comes up behind me on Easter morning while I'm doing my make-up. "You trying to get all glammed up for our egg hunt?" he chuckles, leaning against the counter.

"No" I argue. "I just don't feel like doing it later" I shrug. "But there's something I want to talk to you about" I say seriously, turning to face him.

"Okay. What's up gorgeous?"

I bite my lip. "You know those apps they have that women can download when they're trying to get pregnant?" I ask. He nods his head. "I sorta downloaded one" I confess making him chuckle.

"Alright. And what did we learn from this app?" he asks curiously.

"Well" I smile, "according to the app the optimal time for us to try this month is actually kinda right in the middle of our vacation."

"Is there like one day or?" he questions.

"Three. We have from Thursday until Saturday" I explain. "So-."

"We have to find time to have sex on this trip. Okay" he sighs. "Well" he thinks. "There are showers."

"What are we going to do? Abandon Ems in our room while we go have sex in the shower?"

"Or the counter" he shrugs. I roll my eyes.

"You get my point."

"We'd wait until she was asleep" he replies. "You're worrying too much. And plus we can try the night before we leave too."

"I know. I know" I nod. "I just" I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"Want a baby. I know" he nods, taking my hand in his. "Just because it didn't work out last month doesn't mean it won't ever."

"But what if-."

"Maya relax" he insists. "We've only been trying for a few weeks."

"Okay" I concede.

"I love you" he smiles, pulling me into his embrace and kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too" I murmur, burying my head in his chest.

*************************************************************************************

"Okay baby girl there are three eggs left" I inform her as she scurries around our expansive backyard. There was still one next to the tree, one in the mailbox out in the front and one next to a rock. She continues to scour the yard while Josh and I sit on the steps watching her.

"How long do you think it'll be before she realizes she should check the front yard?" he chuckles, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"If she doesn't realize it soon we'll have to give her a push because your family will kill us if we're late."

"I found one" she exclaims as she picks up the egg beside the rock. I smile.

"Two more baby girl" I shout. She nods before hurrying off again. "Can you believe that next year we could have another little one crawling around here?" I ask, looking up at Josh lovingly.

"It's insane" he agrees. "I remember being so scared when we found out about Emma. I had no idea how I would be a father" he sighs. "All I knew was that I had you and that we would figure it out. It feels so different to actually be excited about the prospect of finding out we're expecting."

"I know. Remember when we told our families?" I ask, leaning back against the steps. "My dad almost killed you."

"I'm pregnant" I explain causing silence to fall over the group. I look around, hoping that anyone will say anything but they all remain silent.