Prologue

Eret came to Heather on the balcony, admiring the view as Eret poured wine for them both.

"Snotlout and Tuffnut are going to be pretty disappointed there is no such thing as a 'chamber of gold'," Heather joked as Eret handed her a chalice of wine.

"I feel like we should still tell them. Just for kicks..." Eret said. "Blame it on Pedro while we're at it and make him face the mob."

"Just admit you like him..." She said, sipping her wine. "He has helped us a lot."

Eret looked at her and smiled. "He's growing on me..." He admitted. "But it still doesn't mean I am ready to forgive him for what he did."

"Men..." She grumbled as Eret nudged her playfully.

He sighed, a cool, northerly breeze calming them down. "How are you feeling?"

"Better...all things considering. I just can't believe a place so beautiful had such a dark secret..."

"Like people, the most beautiful faces have the darkest secrets..." Eret replied as Heather scoffed.

"What's with the philosophy?"

"Just stating facts!" Eret replied. "But look at how different everything here is in the Byzantine Empire. I mean, all of this and the Saracen lands to the east and West all once belonged to the Romans and now it is all different and individual and good..." He sighed as Heather pulled a face.

"People have tried to kill us on more than one occasion..." She pointed out and Eret laughed.

"Yes...but the cultures and traditions and everything!" He stretched out his arms. "It's all...interesting!"

Heather smiled. "I remember...being in Alexandria and feeling like it was the most beautiful and the most exotic place in the entire world..." She remarked. "But travelling around..." She lifted her chalice up to the city. "I think we'll come across more exotic and beautiful places." She sipped the wine and Eret nodded. "Maybe ones that won't create werewolf armies?" They laughed as Heather looked at Eret. "Thank you...for saving me."

Eret tipped his chalice towards her. "It's what I do..."

"How did you even know? That I was the wolf?" Heather questioned as Eret sighed.

"I saw it in your eyes..." Heather looked at him. "You didn't want to hurt me and I knew I could get through to you because you were still human inside. I just had to tap into the human side."

"By...saying you loved me?" Heather questioned as Eret nodded, glancing at her.

"It's not a lie..."

"Eret..." Heather started as he shook his head.

"I don't expect anything but I made a promise to help you find your happily ever after and I'm going to do just that..." Eret replied. "Even if it isn't with me...it is out there somewhere and we're not going to stop until we find it. Maybe it is here...and if it is...this drink means a lot more than I thought it would..."

The sun was setting in the sky, a golden hue of light rained down on the shimmering city of Constantinople as Heather smiled, tears in her eyes slightly. "You would let me go? Despite your feelings of love for me? You would help me find a home away from you and find love?"

Eret nodded. "Of course I would..." He touched her face gently. "You mean more to me then you will ever know or believe. I love you, Heather Hellqvist and I want you to always know that. Wherever you choose to call home, I'm always going to be there for you. Whenever you need to either sort someone out, which I know you are fully capable of doing yourself..." He joked as they laughed slightly. "...or to just talk to an old friend about old times...I will be there for you..."

Heather smiled and walked back into the bedroom. She placed her chalice of wine on a table as she called for Eret.

He turned to her and smiled as she gestured for him to come to her.

"Wherever I go...whoever I love..."

"Promise me one thing..." Eret cut her off and Heather nodded. "Whoever you give your heart to, they will love you and worship you for the goddess you are."

Heather smiled. "Like you see, worship and love me?" Eret nodded as Heather closed her eyes.

"Always..." He held up her necklace and Heather smiled, turning around as he clasped it around her neck.

She smiled, biting her lip like a teenager before turning to face him again.

"Forever and always..." She whispered in reply as she reached up and kissed him gently. Startled slightly, Eret let it happen as his hands automatically came to her.

And she allowed for him to kiss the hollow of her neck, her decolletage and jawline as her head went back - there was no guilt within her for any of this.

"I love you too, Eret, Son of Eret..." She whispered breathlessly as their lips found each other and they dropped to their knees, slowly undressing each other.

And basked in the golden hue of the setting sun, Eret and Heather gave themselves to each other, with all the love and passion they had. 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

A short but snappy prologue so you all know what to expect!

The song is 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' by Elton John which is a beautiful love song for Eret and Heather!

I REALLY hope you all enjoy the book!!!