Chapter 7 - Byzantine Empire

Heather, Eret, Pedro and their dragons have arrived in Constantinople, the capital of the Byzantine Empire, also known as the Eastern Roman Empire

It included the Western part of modern-day Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Baltic regions of Bosnia, Kosovo and Southern Italy. It was an Eastern Orthodox Religion.

This map is a very small version of the actual territories but you get the idea. 

Now, on with the chapter!

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Tell me again...why is this idiot taking the lead?" Eret asked Heather as they flew on the back of their dragons, Pedro flying ahead.

"Because you and I have only brought trouble wherever we have gone. We need to give Pedro a chance! And besides, navigation skills on the back of a dragon are essential."

Eret sighed and allowed for Pedro to take the lead.

They had spent several weeks in the Kievan Rus' to check the people had fully been saved after Alyona's rampage. It required them to travel to other villages and towns and to also explain what really happened to allow the imprisoned women on death row to be released.

Heather and Eret pretended their kiss had never happened and went back to the way things were - flirting and teasing each other were obviously a part of the deal.

Pedro had constantly called them out on it and sometimes they heeded his words - other times they told him to shut up.

As they glided through the air looking for their next destination, Pedro ignored the flirting and teasing that was taking place on the two dragons behind him.

He rolled his eyes and looked at Blazeheart, touching his head gently. "They never learn..."

***

Travelling came to a halt when Pedro suggested that they land.

They circled a clearing before landing and as they jumped off the back of their dragons, they ventured into the town on foot.

And it was large.

It had fortification walls all around as large and bright, tall buildings were everywhere.

"Where are we?" Eret asked as they continued through the town.

"Who knows? But these buildings are beautiful!" Heather swooned, her hands clasped at her chest as she admired the magnificent handiwork and intricate details of the tall buildings around them. "Mosaics and murals!" She squealed, skipping over to a large mural on a wall, depicting a scene of a man standing in water and another man with his hands lifted.