Chapter 1 - Kingdom of Leon

*Gijón, Kingdom of Leon*

Captain Tristan Hofferson arrived on the docks of Leon. He was greeted with surprise and applause, the people of Gijon were pleased to see him, remembering him. He was happy to see old faces and reunite with old friends - this was why he had become a pirate in the first place.

"Eret?" Tristan called as Eret came from below deck, having been asleep when the decision to go to Leon was made. "We're stopping in Gijon temporarily. We'll move on to Normandy tomorrow?" He said and Eret nodded, thanking him as he stretched and looked at the people and the Kingdom of Leon.

It looked like Alexandria - with its stone buildings, sand and palm trees. The way the people looked and dressed was also similar to the Alexandrians and from his knowledge of history, he knew these people were once ruled by the Romans, who while didn't look like this, but allowed for the free movement of people across their empire if support and resources were needed elsewhere. These people were either from Alexandria and all of the great Persian lands or those living in Kemet and the East were from here.

Eret sighed as Skullcrusher appeared from below deck too. "Want to explore?" He asked and Skullcrusher nodded.

Here came the opportunity to find out if these people liked dragons to now.

As they climbed off the boat, Eret waited for the screams, orders and firing - but instead, there was nothing.

"Wait...you guys like dragons?" He asked casually as an old man who heard him laughed.

"My son...we've had worse things here than a dragon..." He stated before walking away as Eret shrugged his shoulders.

"We'll leave at sunset..." Tristan informed him and Eret nodded before he headed into town. As the roads narrowed, he pulled a face and looked at Skullcrusher. "Maybe you should stay here on the docks and help? I'll call you when I need help..." Eret informed him, stroking his head and Skullcrusher grumbled but agreed.

Eret entered the marketplace of Gijon and was amazed at the beautiful colours, fragrant smells and bustling people. Everything about the place was exotic and different - and he loved it. It reminded him greatly of Alexandria, and then sadness would take over his emotions. Alexandria was where he and Heather consummated their relationship for the first time. Everything leading up to that moment and the emotions and thoughts that flooded through their minds during, before and after their forbidden tryst all consumed him as he sighed.

Wherever she was...whoever she was with...Eret wanted to believe she was happy - someone was treating her better than he ever did or believed he could.

Someone as beautiful, smart and as precious as Heather, did not deserve the corruption that followed him - she deserved better than him - always.

Eret searched for some gifts for his family - he knew there was no way he could return to Normandy after so many years without gifts.