Author's Note

*I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING*

All rights belong to DreamWorks Animations and Cressida Cowell.

Any resemblance to any person, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Original ideas are the author's own ideas but credit will be given to those ideas which have been interpreted from other sources.

***

THIS BOOK IS PURELY FICTITIOUS AND HISTORICALLY INACCURATE IN TERMS OF TIMINGS! DO NOT QUOTE ME OR CORRECT ME. I AM AWARE OF THIS!!

This book also references other media/characters/franchises and all rights belong to the correct people. I literally do not own any of this but only the stories that I will be a retelling and a few characters.

This story is not meant to offend anyone in any way. I did countless research, and while I am not a legit professor of history, I did try my best to try and portray each religion/culture/tradition in somewhat of an accurate way. If I am completely off about something, be nice and tell me. I'll gladly fix it and I love learning so it will be a learning experience for me too!

And also...just be nice in general. This story is not an excuse for your inner racist/xenophobe/theophobe to come out. If you do this, I will block you and report you and I will not hesitate to name and shame you either. :)

The topics will be tough at times (e.g. slavery, sexual abuse, miscarriage, premature death etc.) and there will be a disclaimer at the beginning of the chapter beforehand. While many aspects of the story are inaccurate, in regard to the timings of events, I wanted to really get into the perspective of what life was like in the 11th century and in reality? It wasn't pleasant!

This story takes place between 999AD - 1001AD and there will be significant jumps between each chapter at times.

I had plans to upload a list of the cities/countries Heather and Eret visited but I thought it would be more fun to keep up the mystery. Therefore, you won't know where Heather and Eret are going until the next update!!!!

THIS STORY IS RATED PG-13. You can guess why, but if you don't like sex scenes, blood and gore and violence, then just skip over those parts. I'll try and not make it as graphic as erotic novels (no fifty shades of grey shit here), but Heather and Eret's romance, the physical and the emotional parts, are all a big part of the overall story, so it needs to be included.

And here is a map of (some) of the world in 1000AD!

For each chapter, I will also upload another map so you know what I am talking about

For each chapter, I will also upload another map so you know what I am talking about. If I cannot find a map, I will just edit this one with a little crop and ink and add it. Blue (or green) dots on each map will indicate where Heather and Eret are. 

There will be no set time of update for each chapter. You get it when I complete it so no promises over uploads. This story is a spin-off and I thought I would do it now seeing as there are many things Heather and Eret reference in the coming chapters of SOTDR that make sense if you understand their adventures.

Also, can you all let me know what you all think of the book cover?? I wanted to have a go at making one myself and whole graphic design is not my forte, I think it came out all right, but I'd like to know what you all think!

Okay, that is it now!

I really hope you guys enjoy this just like I enjoyed writing it!!!

xxx