Ch. 17 :: The Punishment

A week has passed since Little Miss Summers bested me, with the help of her wanna be boy band members. I've always thought she was a pretty face to pester at her Dad's boring as fuck parties. But now, holy shit, that girl's got spunk. I could have some fun with that. I know the girl is just playing hard to get. She wants me. I mean how could she not. I've got it all. The personality, the looks, lots of money. One day I'll have her but first I've got something to deal with. 

When I woke up from being fucking tranq'ed, I was pissed and royally screwed. Maybe I'm becoming a brute under this man but there is a bigger monster out there. Andros Straton.
He has the ability to end my life, or worse, my career. I'm shaky just thinking about it.

About a year after my band took off he started supplying me with the after party drugs. And then the coping drugs. And then the everyday drugs. He controls me with those drugs, without my daily dosage, I'd completely loose it. It would be difficult to find another supplier that would go against Andros. He has a far reach of control in our industry.

I sold my soul to the devil when I signed a contract at sixteen. At the time I craved fame more than my next breath. My addictions to drugs and partying came with the rocker territory. They go hand in hand, and I'm not sure I could do one without the other.

Andros had Jason bring me back to LA for a 'little chat.' I did try to do as he asked, to use my familiarity to get Little Summer out of the Austin and ultimately the Texas area. I was okay with ruining her life for the sake of my own. Nobody would miss her, and everybody would miss me. She could have been my sacrifice to all my adoring fans. Too bad she escaped.

It's time to face Andros' wrath. Jason is right behind me, making sure I don't run. It's not like I would or could hide. I'm a f*cking rock star, anomaly isn't an option. Everyone knows this handsome mug. Not to mention I've got a concert tomorrow night. Without my music, I would be just another nobody. Music, drugs, fame those are my highs. I'd rather die than live a day without any of my vices. Facing this is my only option. 

Ares the Greek Restaurant is dark, tables scattered throughout lit by candlelit. Round booths are set up around the edges. I'm lead past the customers, a few recognize me even beneath the duskiness and stop to stare. Being in LA, no one approaches the rich and the famous, unless they are tourists. Heavy wooden doors lead to a back room, two men in suits guarding the entrance. I've been here once before and it was to sign away my existence to become Treble. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. The guard with the red, curly hair and pasty skin nods at Jason. There's no way he is Greek. He must only be an associate. I've learned that you can only be a made man if you are full blooded. Stupid prejudice. I'm a little offended. I could never be top dog in this arena. The red headed dude opens the door, while the second man hasn't even glanced in my direction. It's like he's too good for me. He must be full Greek.

"Ah, Treble, my man. Please, join us."

Yah,  I'm probably the furthest thing from 'his man' right now. My life has an expiration date on it that's about past due.

"Sir." I attempt to be respectful as I move to stand in front of the table that has four men playing poker. Cigars hanging precariously from some of their lips, the smoke takes over the room leaving a haze. Poker chips are stacked in front of each man, Andros has the largest.

"Have a seat. Andreas, deal the rock star in." His grin is predatory and the way he says rock star makes it sound like a insult. I have three platinum albums and play sold out shows all over the world, and pay this man sixty percent of all my earnings. He should be pleased at my success, not using it as his punch  line.

I'm dealt two cards but before I can look at them Andros slams a knife into the table between my fingers, the edge nearly cutting off my ring finger. It burns so I know he nicked the skin a bit and I let out a hiss. "Let's play a little game. If you win this round, you walk away without punishment for your screw up of loosing the girl and looking like a fool. If I win this round, I show you what it's like to be apart of my team and what happens when you make mistakes."

Do I have a choice with this crazed maniac? "What are we playing?" He knows I'm agreeing with actually agreeing, because he laughs and removes the knife. I really want to suck the blood off my finger, but figure it will make me look weak. I'm not going to prove to them that I'm just a pampered star. I'm a rock star, dammit.

"Five card draw."

Gambling against this man is ludicrous. He owns two casinos in Vegas and has illegal betting rings throughout the country. Gambling is one of his specialties and he doesn't make a bet unless he knows he's going to win.

I look at the cards in my hand. " Two." I throw down the bad cards down and grab the two new ones.

Andros takes one.

I have two jacks and three eights. A full house! I know it's a decent hand and hope it's enough.

"What do you have?"

Andros smirks when I put my cards down.

"Guess you get the lesson the hard way."

He sets down his straight flush. I lost. My heart stops momentarily while I wonder what he will do to me. Andros' men jump up. Two of them grabbing my arms to hold me still, while Jason comes around me. He punches me in the stomach and my body folds over in pain.

"Again."

This time he gets my ribs and I hear a loud pop and a severe pain takes over my left side. The two men drop me and Jason kicks me in my stomach once more. I wail out, the pain is horrible, I've never felt anything like it. But I'm thankful they haven't gone for my face yet. I don't want them to mess up my pretty looks.

Andros pulls out a gun and points it towards my head. This is that moment people talk about where their lives flash before their eyes. The good, the bad, the ugly. Not that there's been much of the ugly. Uglies don't hang out with rock stars. It's a fact.

He presses the barrel against my temple. It's cold metal is the scariest shit I've ever felt. It's surreal. I close my eyes, I'm not ready to die yet. I fight against the two men holding me down but they out weigh me and it's no competition. One slams my head into the concrete floor and I surrender to them.

Andros gets right in my face. I have to fight the urge to spit into it, but knowing he holds the gun makes me hold still.

"This is your warning Treble. There's a million little boys out there wanting to be famous. Thousands have just as much or more talent than you. You're replaceable. Those in my inner circles don't get multiple chances."

With that he moves his glock and fires it twice. Jason's form falls in front of my face. His eyes are hauntingly empty. Dead. Justin is dead.

Holy shit.

Andros just shot his man right in front of me. For a warning. This dude is even more certifiable than I thought.

"Next time I give you an order, get it done."

** Hi friends! Probably in need of some editing! I wrote this is the car driving in the car across the state. (I was riding shotgun not driving!). Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!