The Abduction

Brook Aldridge's POV

"I won't tell you anything," I growled.  I yanked against the restraints holding me to the chair. 

Vincent's face was masked in shadows as he leaned forward, blocking the single illuminated light bulb. He shook his head and stroked my face.  "My dear, many have tried to defy me.  None succeed."

As the gang leader touched the gash on my cheek, I winced.  He pulled out his knife and held it to my neck.  "Now, what does the FBI know about me?" Oh God.

I just prayed someone would find my clue and save me.

Nick Sievers' POV

Conway opened the door to the hotel suite.  He held it open so I could enter.  The door closed  behind me and Conway called, "Hello?  You here, Director Aldridge?"

Neither of us made a noise.  We listened for a response, but none came.  Conway and I exchanged glances.  He frowned.  "She said she'd be waiting here for us.  To show you the weapons."

I shrugged.  "She's probably doing something.  Can't you show me the weapons?"

Conway shook his head.  "That's need-to-know.  And I don't need to know about them, apparently."

"Is it possible she's with another agent?"

Conway shrugged.  "There is one other agent.  She's somewhere around here."

As he searched, I took the chance to take in my surroundings. Two pristinely made white beds. Untouched. Clearly this room was just a temporary base of operations. No one had been here for long.

The door's lock clicked, and I turned around.  Was it Aldridge?

A figure entered the room.  Not Aldridge, but definitely a woman.  Her blonde hair was tied back in a ponytail.  She studied us with intense blue eyes.

"Nick Sievers, I take it?"  She held out a hand.  "Agent Anderson."

I frowned. "I don't shake hands."

She shrugged. "Fine." Suddenly, though, her eyebrows furrowed and she craned her head to look around me.  "Where's the director?"

Conway appeared from the bathroom and shrugged.  "We thought she was with you."

Anderson shook her head.  "No.  I was told to meet with her here."  She paused.  "It's not like her to be late."

"Something must have happened to her," I said.  And honestly, I was fine with that.

Anderson frowned.  "I....I hope not. But that's certainly a possibility.  I'll check the main floor.  Conway, you look around this floor.  Sievers-"

Conway laughed.  "I wouldn't leave him alone. He'd bolt the first chance he got. He can help me check this floor."

I glared at Conway. Dang it. My chance, gone.

Anderson didn't seem to notice. She nodded. "I'll meet you back here in precisely thirty minutes."

Brook Aldridge's POV

"Comfortable?"

I groaned and lifted my head. Blood was streaming from my arms. Definitely not comfortable. I hurt like heck. "They will come for me."

Vincent laughed. "They won't know where to find you."

What if Sievers came? What if he met Vincent before I could get to him? It was a known fact Sievers hated me, but that would be horrible. What if he turned? What if he took Vincent's side?