4. Together, and Alone

After a quick lunch, and a shower, I was guided to the training room

After a quick lunch, and a shower, I was guided to the training room. Inside were white walls with black padding, plus racks of weaponry lining the black padding. Opposite of me stood a tall figure in the midst of the room. Kylo. Once again I could see the whites of his eyes, along with the scar that ran down the right side of his pallid face. "You're late," he announces once he saw my figure enter the training room. In return, he was rewarded with my inevitable silence. "Jayne."

"Kylo." Each time I heard my name aloud, my body reacted negatively. "Why am I here?" My voice was barely a whisper because of it the energy it took to speak was far too overwhelming.
My throat was still sore from a sickness I've been fighting off for the past week that only worsened once I arrived on this command ship.

"I want you to join me," Kylo spoke so gently as he neared me, his hand outstretched. Standing before me was a piece of Kylo I've yet to see. Vulnerability. I swallowed my pride, and urged myself to walk forth into the darkness that called my name. Before I could place my hand in his, my whole body shifted backward without my command. Gazing with puzzlement, Kylo furrowed his brows. We were like two magnets trying to connect.

"I cant," I admit. Currently I stood against the wall behind me preparing for whatever was to come next. Truly, I couldn't fathom the reasoning behind what just happened, but I knew it wasn't at my call. Curiously, Kylo began to step toward me again, only now he moved more cautiously.

His lips parted slightly once he stopped walking, and his hand still yearned for me to take it. "You can." Again, I reached my arm out to rest my hand in his, and this time, nothing outlandish occurred. Every part of me didn't want to take his hand, I didn't want to join him on whatever voyage he was spending his life on. However, I had no choice. I either did as this man wished, or I meet my family on the ground where they lie with their jaw's wired shut.

Once the palm of my hand laid in his, I became hesitant. I withdrew my arm away. Now I was up against the wall with fear putting me in a chokehold. "I feel your fear." With each breath I took, my heart sank further into the pit of my stomach. "You don't have to be afraid." His hand went down to his side, and his body relaxed.

The charcoal haired man studied me as I cowered against the wall,  the corners of his lips raising lightly. "I want to go home," I confessed, slipping down to wall until I reached the black mats beneath me. "I just... want to go home."

"Is that really what you want, Jayne? To go back home?" My home was a disaster. Truthfully, it wasn't even qualified to be titled as a home nor a village. Houses were burned down to a crisp, along with his owners. As much as I dreaded to admit it, this was the only home I had for now. It wasn't a complete home in my terms, but it was place where I mildly felt safe, and where I could survive.

Tears swelled in my eyelids as I stood up from the floor, hands trembling, and body feverishly trying to keep me down. "No." My voice was hoarse as I fought away my sobs. "I... I don't know what it is I want." Decision making wasn't my stronghold, but I knew now, that if I denied his hand, I would be granted my final breath. I was helpless, alone, and weak. Between my exhaustion, and lack of weaponry, I had no hope.

We were inches apart, but my mind didn't cease its ill thoughts about my weakness, and my home. "I can make you strong again, Jayne. We can help each other."

"Help each other? How could i abet you in any way?" The corners of his lips quirked up into a grin at my question. "I'm... useless." For a second I could see the doubt in his eye as he looked me over.

"I'll give you the life that you desire. I offer you power, and all that comes with it." Still, I have to wonder what power he speak of.

"Okay," i sighed heavily. My eyes narrowed once our gaze connected, showing him that I could be stronger than I was in this current moment.