10. Responsibilities

The next morning Jayne woke up to a familiar beeping noise beside her ear

The next morning Jayne woke up to a familiar beeping noise beside her ear. "Good morning, Jayne," Delilah beamed, completely unaware that Jayne had only been sleeping for less then two hours. "Kylo Ren has asked for you in the training room in one hour. Breakfast is served in the cafeteria now." Yawning, Jayne sat erect on her padded bed. "Are you alright, miss Yadira?" Delilah asked, noticing the woman's puffy eyes, and blotchy skin.

"Dandy, Lilah." If Jayne was well rested, she would've invited the other woman to join her for breakfast, but she didn't have the energy. "Leave me to dress, please."

"Of course," she says, exiting the room to leave Jayne alone. Within the next twenty minutes, Jayne was dressed in combat friendly cloathing, and headed out the door to enter the cafeteria. Quickly, her eyes found Nina. However, she wasn't happy to see her friend. Sluggishly, she marched to the training room without stopping for breakfast, not caring that her time requested was still 40 minutes in advance.

Kylo noticed Jayne's presence almost instantly, but he remained focused on the plans he was inspecting. "Did you eat," he questioned, not caring to look over to the woman. However, when she failed to respond, he turned his head to see the silent woman stare out into the open room, unaware of what she was doing. "Jayne?" After last night, they both woke up with bags under their eyes, and horrible decision making skills. Sighing, Kylo walked toward the woman, curious as to why she wasn't responding. "Jayne," he called out once more, now standing in front of her with his hand reaching toward her shoulder.

"Yes?" Jayne responded plainly, shifting her eyes to meet his. They were full of sorrow, something Kylo noticed almost immediately. Instead of speaking, he inspected her face, his jaw clenching at every detail he noticed. Facing him was more than difficult. Jayne knew that last night, she showed him a side that he's yet to see. It worried Jayne that perhaps Kylo would become harsher with his decisions, and stronger with every hit he strikes while training.

"Tomorrow, Supreme Leader Snoke has arranged a meeting with you, Jayne Yadira," he explains, letting his focus rest on the woman's russet brown eyes. By the name, Jayne knew Snoke was of high importance, but still, she had many questions. "I... I can't seem to feel your emotions."

"We feel the same, Ben. Sorrow, and betrayal. We're the same... remember?" Her voice was barely a whisper near the end, and she was no longer able to speak above that level.

"Have you eaten?" He inquired again, searching for the truthful answer. Jayne shook her head, averting her eyes to the flooring. Already dressed in his robes, Kylo wandered over to the table where his helmet sat, and placed it over his head of hair. As he neared the woman again, he carefully grabbed at her hand, watching as she responded almost instantly by accepting his touch.

The two entered the cafeteria where many stormtroopers sat eating their meals, and engaging in conversation. When they all noticed Kylo Ren enter the larger room, they all stopped. Yet, their eyes didn't stop on him, but the woman beside him whose fingers intertwined with Kylo's. "Grab what you'd like, Jay." The woman let go of her protectors hand, and grabbed a clean, wet tray off of the metallic counter. On the bar sat trays of breakfast food, and Jayne only picked two things out to dress her tray.

When Jayne went to exit the line, she noticed two more items be placed on her tray, as well as a drink. A bottle of water, and some form of fruit. Finally, when Kylo felt as though the woman's tray was appropriately dressed, the two exited the sitting room, quick to enter the empty hallways. "Where are we going?"

"Your favorite room," Kylo answered, lifting his hand so the door in front of them would open. "Sit," he ordered, pulling out a chair from the table that directly faces the windows. He sat beside her in his own chair.
Removing his helmet, Kylo let out a rigid sigh.

"Can we talk?" He asked with a more nervous tone. Jayne nodded over to him while chewing. "Tomorrow I will be furthering my journey to finishing what my grandfather started. I want you to join me." Kylo shifted his head to face Jayne, waiting for her reaction.

"Is that so?" Jayne capped her water, and turned her body to face him. "I... okay." After all that has happened, Jayne knew better than to argue or ask rhetorical questions. When Jayne comprehended what Kylo said, her eyes widened, and her face paled over.

"You seem... unamused," he comments, gesturing to the woman with his head. "You won't be in harms way." A orangish/red fruit sat in between the woman's fingers while she sat daydreaming about getting out of Kylo's grasp. "We'll be heading for Jakku in the evening." Without another word, Kylo stood from the table.

Jayne sat alone at the table, her attention casted out to the galaxy before her. Since she's been aboard the ship, everything seemed to twist her mind, or forced her into arrhythmia. Her stay has seemingly become worded as days go on, but Jayne knew one thing for sure. The time she had remaining with Kylo Ren would be short.

Meanwhile, Kylo stood beside Delilah, pointing at the woman's holopad, pointing out which material he desired to form a new set of clothing specifically for the battlefield. "Don't question me, Delilah. Have this ready by tomorrow morning," the man demands, furrowing his brow in frustration. "We've been working on it for long enough."

"Yes, Kylo Ren," Delilah sighed quietly. Her hands pressed against the side of the holopad as her eyes scanned the screen, admiring the new design. "One question."

"Yes?" He answered, stopping in his tracks before rounding the corner to speak with Jayne once more, and begin their lesson of the day.

"Is it mandatory you bring her with you, commander?" For a moment, the two stood in complete silence. However, when Delilah expected an answer, she didn't get one. Instead, Kylo continued his venture down the halls, disregarding the woman's inane queries.