7. Lovely

That night, after Jayne returned back to her living area from the shower room, a knock caught her attention away from the clothing she was organizing

That night, after Jayne returned back to her living area from the shower room, a knock caught her attention away from the clothing she was organizing. The door opened as she neared it, her eyes now met with the masked face of Kylo Ren. For a second, she was perplexed as to why he was standing at her door. "You found me," she says with a half-smile, remembering how he told her he would find her after his meetings.

"I did," He sighed softly. "Follow me." Jayne stayed beside the man as they perambulated through the empty halls, soon to be met with a room full of windows, and one singular table. It was similar to the room Jayne was in before, but this one had better lighting.

"It's lovely," she comments, gazing out the window to admire the galaxy. The moment she entered the room, it were as if all of her pain disappeared into the abyss.

"Yes, I remember you liking the spot before." Kylo lifts his helmet off from his head, and Jayne couldn't help but stare at his hair. It always seemed to be so perfect, and well maintained. "Sit," he ordered while pulling out a chair from the table. Jayne sat in the chair he pulled out, and fixed the way her pants laid. "I know you still dream of... your home." Sitting in the chair opposite of Jayne, Kylo swallowed harshly at the sudden comment of the girls home village.

"I..." stopping, Jayne averted her eyes away to the empty table she sat at. No matter what she said, an argument was already arising, she could feel it.

"I promised I'd make you stronger, I'd give you power. We could rule the galaxy together, and still... you dream of a place that is no longer occupied by human life. Why? Why are you so difficult?" The room's lighting dimmed, and the atmosphere in the room shifted. "I don't understand you, Jayne Yadira." Tears swelled in the woman's eyes at the light shouting. Ever since she was young, she never handled strong voices well.

"Why... are we talking about this now, Kylo? I've practically vowed my life to you. I'm not leaving any time soon." A man with a tray of food entered the room, quick to dress their white plates with a meal Kylo picked out hours ago.

"Even if you wanted, you couldn't leave. I'm sure you're aware of that." Noticing the girls reddened eyes, Kylo lowered his voice, and changed his tone down to be softer. He resented the girl, but he couldn't hurt her in any form. "Jay, if you truly want to leave, you know what has to be done."

"Yes, I know..." Even though her life was troubled, and death seemed like the perfect answer for a resolution, she wouldn't allow him to make that decision for her. "This looks- this looks wonderful," Jayne beamed, trying to change the subject. Across the table, Kylo sat upright, watching the girl as she ate the food she was given.

"It does, doesn't it?" Still, he stared with a poker face, capturing the way the woman hid away her sorrow. "Why are you sad?" Kylo questioned, grabbing his fork to make it seem like he wasn't just gazing at her for minutes at a time. Jayne lifted her head up from her plate, and sat shocked. "I mean, I know why you're upset most of the time, but this... feels different."

"You can feel my emotions?" It was completely absurd for Jayne to have somebody else share her emotions. Kylo nodded his head, acting like as if it were something everyone experienced. However, when he saw the woman's perplexed state, he stopped chewing his meal, and became uncertain about his assumptions when it came to Jayne.

"Yes," he answered plainly, setting his utensils down onto the table. "Sometimes." All her life, Jayne's never met someone who can feel other people's emotions, but to her, it wasn't as odd as she portrayed. "You didn't answer my question, Jayne."

"Sorry," she sniffed, looking back down to her plate. "Speaking my thoughts would be unwise, Kylo." After hearing the stories from Nina about Kylo's outrages, Jayne knew better than to share her harsh thoughts especially when the night was still young.

"Not with you, Jayne. Never with you." Even with his reassuring words, Jayne felt as if her thoughts would be the final thing to set off the dinner event. "Speak." Her brown eyes set on the man opposite of her, and for the first time, they made complete eye contact.

"After all you've done to ruin me... don't you think you could offer me kindness?" The woman nibbled on her bottom lip, awaiting the man's reaction to her thoughts that could be blown way out of proportion.

Clenching his jaw, Kylo refrained from shouting after witnessing how she reacted to it before. "You are the only person I've ever shown kindness to, Jayne. The only person I've willingly allowed myself to be cordial with. However, it is you who dismisses all of my amiable actions," Kylo explained with a stern voice, noticing how Jayne sat in complete dismay. To her, everything he's done has been awful, and completely vile. Yet, she didn't see his attempts to better the both of them.

"You're right," she agreed, but only because she didn't want to further their conversation that was causing tension to arise. "This dinner was delicious." Her voice was faint, and Kylo took immense notice in it since it was only the two of them in the room. "Was there anything you'd like to tell me now?"

"Training will resume tomorrow. Delilah will give you the details," Kylo says as he stands from the table. Just as Jayne thought everything was finished, he spoke once more. "Thank you for joining me tonight, Jayne Yadira."