SEVEN.

' ᴀ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪʀᴛʏ sʜᴏᴇs

' ᴀ ʀᴏᴄᴋ ᴡᴀʀ ᴀɴᴅ
ᴅɪʀᴛʏ sʜᴏᴇs. ' ↙︎

ONCE OR TWICE HAD VERITY FELT A BRIERY ACHE APERTURE her leg as she bustled through the bushes and trees of the woods. Closely behind, she could hear the multiple voices and the thunderstorm of footsteps clambering against the dirt, which belonged to her friends.

Heaving one last abundant breath, she reached the tall grass where her arms flailed around, moving it out of her way to reach the sound of Henry and his gang's taunting. Aside her, Beverly nodded in affirmation, trudging forward. Beverly hastily crouched down and clutched a rock firmly in her hand. Prepared for the imminent action, Verity's fingers curled around a rock she retrieved herself.

With great force, Beverly drew her arm back before she lunged it forward, and the rock went exceedingly cutting through the air, correspondingly landing on Henry's forehead. The impact elicited him to be thrown off Mike, who proceeded to desperately crawl away and towards the forming group of Losers.

Stan complimented Beverly's throw with a petite smile, "Nice throw."

Beverly scarcely spared him a glance as she asserted a small 'thanks.' By now, the complete cluster of Losers stood just before the edge of the river. They followed the girls' actions and clutched rocks of their own tightly in their hands.

Verity tumbled towards Mike, who was frantically releasing frenzied breaths of air. The girl outstretched her arm towards him, guiding him up to his feet. "Come on," she urged. Mike gratefully took her hand and was sustained up.

"Th-thanks," he told her softly, beginning to steady his breathing. She sent him a smile, nodding as anterior attention averted back to Henry.

"No problem."

Verity returned to her prior position, taking stance aside Beverly. All gazes were wholly fixated on Henry and his goons. Bastards. Did they really enjoy torturing young, innocent kids? Clearly, Henry truly enjoyed it. That's because he was a rotting being inside and out. Were his friends just as rotten, too; satisfaction fulfilled by violence?

"You losers are trying too hard. She'll do you. You just gotta ask nicely, like I did," Henry's aberrant gaze flickered over to Verity as he groped himself whilst referring to Beverly.

"The fuck?"

The girls held back the urge to gag, stomachs hurling disgustingly under Henry's gaze and discomforting words. Ben's sudden discordant warrior scream pulsated through the air as he angrily lunged a rock forward. Contemplated, it landed on Henry's head.