Somewhere Beautiful

(Camila's POV)

My new single, Real Friends, was released today. I wrote it two weeks ago but I'm sure of its potential. It means a lot to me. The bridge hits me hard, I really do want to run away to somewhere beautiful where nobody knows my name.

Today, I'm doing just that.

(Your POV)

I'm on vacation, I don't know where exactly I am though. I'm staying at this place that's on a beach, it's very nice here, beautiful I might add too.

Anyways, I'm heading to a small coffee shop today, it's 40 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now. Probably because it's 5 in the morning, but oh well, it'll be 90 degrees later.

Thus place I'm going to, I've been every day since I've arrived here. It's open 24 hours too, which is awesome.

I walked into the shop, closing my eyes and smiling as I inhaled the scent of fresh coffee being brewed. The older woman who works here knows that I come around this time everyday.

It's nice to go at this hour because usually, when people come to this area it's for a vacation. No one in the right mind would want to wake up at 4am to get coffee. Well, I do that...

"Hey, Y/N!" Sinu, the owner of the shop greeted me "What can I get you this beautiful morning?" She joked

"I'll have my coffee as dark as the sky." I smiled

She turned around to her brewing station and I turned to take the sight of the shop in. Everything's normal, hipster, oldies vibe. But there's a small girl in the corner.

"Ah, Y/N." Sinu grabbed my attention "Here's your coffee." She smiled

I paid and took my coffee, still glancing at the girl every few seconds. She's pretty, she could be a model.

"That's my daughter, Camila." Sinu whispered to me

"She's very lucky to have you as her mother." I chuckled

I decided to sit in my usual spot and pull my laptop out. I'm a writer, I've always had a passion for it, though I didn't truly realize until middle school.

I began typing but got distracted by Sinu whispering to her daughter and looking at me, a lot. Why is she talking about me to Camila?

A few moments later, the two walked over.

"Hey, Y/N. This is Camila." Sinu introduced her daughter properly

"Hey, I'm Y/N." I put my hand out for her to shake

She smiled shyly and shook my hand. Wow, she's beautiful.

"Anyway, I was hoping you two could become friends." Sinu pulled my attention to her "I told Camila about your writing, because she is also a very passionate writer."

"Oh, that's great." I smiled

"Yeah, so I'll leave you two to talk." Sinu walked away to her little break room

"So, you live here?" I asked Camila

"Well, yeah." She laughed at my awkwardness "I'm usually on the road, but this is my home."

"On the road?"

"Yeah.." she sighed "I used to be in a really popular band, I'm actually surprised that you aren't freaking out or anything. I guess I've just gotten used to everyone knowing my name all the time."

"Oh. Well, I don't know you." I laughed

"Yeah, I've noticed." She playfully glared

"So what band where you in?" I'm actually curious

"Fifth Harmony." She frowned

"Oh no, did I say something wrong?"

"No, no. It's okay." She grabbed my hand in a reassuring manner

"So why are you up this early?" I asked

"I couldn't sleep. I just released a song recently and one of the lyrics inspired me to run away here, where no one knows my name." Her eyes lit up when she talked about her song

I simply smiled, not knowing what to say.

"Hey, this might be weird, but are you free to hang out today?" She asked

"As long as you don't kill me." I joked

"I won't." She smiled and grabbed my hand leading me to the door after yelling to say goodbye to her mom for the day

(One week later)

I woke up with an amazing girl in my arms.

Camila has stayed with me for the past week, but she has to go back to L.A. to record more of her upcoming album.

(A month later)

I still talk to Camila. She wrote a song about me. Apparently we were in Havana, Cuba.

The line she dedicated to me was:
"Half of my heart is in Havana."

It's true, she's seemed sad since we are apart now. Like a piece of her is missing.

And I feel the same.
.
.
.
.
.
WOW this one is complete shit, I know, I'm sorry. Anyway, leave some suggestions? Lmao help a girl out yo.