Chapter 1

Today had been a day like any other. I woke up, ate breakfast, got dressed, and went to school. I went to all my regular classes and then headed home. The normality of my day continued as I changed quickly into my patterned halter-kini and simple cover-up (above) , and headed down to the beach. I set up my easel and paints in my usual spot on the sandy beach, and casually painted the wonderful scenery. I stared down at my progress, and for once, I was truly proud of my work.

Then, something new occurred; A football came flying through the air and crashed into me, ruining my almost completed painting. Less than five seconds after, as I was still heated with anger and frustration, a very attractive guy ran up to me.

"Oh my goodness. I am so sorry," the guy said.
The frustration inside of me was still pent-up, and I lashed out without thinking. "Jesus Christ, you should be!" I yelled. "I've been working on this for two hours! It was my best painting yet!"

For the first time since he came over, I looked back up at him. He had a distraught look on his face; I could tell it was truly an accident and that he felt terrible. "I'm so sorry. Listen, is there anyway I can make it up to you? I feel awful," he said.

"I understand that you're just trying to make it up to me, but there really isn't a way to recover this, and nothing would be equivalent. Sorry for lashing out at you, I just worked super hard on this painting, and it fucking sucks that it got ruined," I replied. I started to gently cry, as my frustration released.

I covered my face with my hands and turned away. Suddenly, I heard movement in front me and a set of arms wrapped around my body. I looked up to see the boy trying to comfort me in my emotional state. I pulled away and wiped my eyes.

"Sorry, I probably look like a fucking wreck right now," I say as I stifle a laugh to cover up my insecurity. "Hey, don't worry about it. I appreciate you not actually fucking murdering me," he says while laughing, "Hell, I would've killed me if I was in your position." I laugh as all of my negative emotions melt away. "You're funny. What's your name anyways?" I ask.

"My name? My name is Tayler... Tayler Holder," he says.