Chapter 8

I grab my purse and shove my sketchbook and pencil pouch into it. I never leave without my sketchbook. I touch up my makeup, grab my keys, and head out the door.

As it turns out, Tayler's house is only about five minutes from my place. I get there, and sit in my car for a couple minutes to gather myself.

I'm about to meet his friends. What if they don't like me?!? What if he is looking for their approval and they don't think I'm good enough?

I realize that if this is what's going on then I just need to be myself, and if his friends don't like me then it's their problem. I can't worry too much about what they think of me, because Tayler knows by now how he feels, and I have to trust that he won't let anyone else influence that.

I grab my things and walk up to the door. Right as I'm about to knock on the door, it swings open and a pretty, short, blonde girl stands in the doorway. I begin to think that I'm at the wrong place, before she says, "Oh my gosh! You must be Emily! I'm Kelianne. Tayler has told us all so much about you, so it's great to finally meet you!"

Taken aback slightly by how friendly she is, a weight feels like it has been lifted from my shoulders. She seems like a kind, genuine person, which is an absolutely amazing thing.

"It's great to meet you too! Tayler speaks really highly of you," I say.

"Come on in," she says gesturing eagerly for me to follow her through the door and up the stairs. We walk in and immediately my senses are overwhelmed by the numerous activities occurring around me. In one room, two girls play with Tayler's pomeranian Eli. Tayler showed me pictures of him, but he's cuter in person. One of them, I can tell, is Indiana by her long, dark hair and dark eyes, as well as her Australian accent. The other looks to be Tayler's castmate, Lilia, by her medium length, blonde hair and green-hazel eyes. 

In the kitchen, Tayler stands facing away from us talking to a couple of his friends. One of them has hair that is dark with blonde tips and is a similar style to Tayer's, but not as long on top, and dark brown eyes. He is wearing a black cutoff short that shows off his toned biceps, accompanied by a pair of black joggers. His other friend also has brown hair, but his is very short on top and faded on the sides. His eyes are a grey-blue color, which stands out against his large, baby pink hoodie and saggy, light-wash jeans. I piece together from what Tayler has told me that the first is Bryce and the second is Zach. 

"Tayler's in here. He can show you around. I was headed out to make a quick Starbucks run. Do you want anything?" Kelianne says. "Um... sure. I'll take a caramel frappuccino if it's not too much trouble," I respond. "Not at all," she replies, "I'll be back in a bit!" With that, she heads out.

I turn back around, and see that Tayler is still talking to his friends. I slowly walk towards them, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Zach sees me, nudging Tayler and motioning slightly in my direction with his head.