Chapter 2

"Well Tayler, I would say that it's nice to meet you but...," I say as I gesture toward the destroyed painting chuckling. "Yeah, that kind of puts a stain on the introduction to our friendship, huh?" he says while laughing.

"Woah now, you're getting a little ahead of yourself aren't you? I mean, you don't even know my name," I say while trying to keep a straight face but failing. "Good point. I am getting ahead of myself. So, what is your name?" He says catching on to my joking. "My name is Ralph Renaldo Rosenberg," I respond with a serious as fuck look on my face.

Tayler makes an odd face and pause before saying, "Ahem... well it's um... it's nice to meet you..." "Chill bro, I was just messing with you. My name is actually Emily." I say in between my hysterical laughs. He laughs with me for what feels like forever, but when I manage to stop laughing I realize that he was already silent. I look up to see him staring at me.

"Can I help you?" I say in a joking tone. "Yes actually. You see, there's this really gorgeous girl that I just met on the beach, and I was wondering if you thought she might give me her number," he responds just as jokingly. "Respect. Here..." I take my paintbrush and paint my number all the way up his arm.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get home before it gets completely dark. Wouldn't want to have any strangers getting the wrong idea, now would we?" I say, emphasizing the last part. "Of course not. It's a good thing we aren't strangers anymore then, huh? That means I can walk my new friend Emily home. If she approves, that is." He wittily responds. "As safe as that sounds," I begin, "I think I'll be alright on my own. Goodnight Tayler," I say as I gather my things and head to my Jeep. "Goodnight Emily!" he yells after me. "Call me Em from now on!" I say before shutting the door of my white Jeep convertible.

Later that night

As I laid down in bed, my phone buzzed. I picked it up to read it, wondering who could be texting me. 

No one back home would be texting me,
it's  like 3 am there, and I don't
have friends here.

Unknown:   Just saying goodnight. Talk to 
you tomorrow, Em.

Me:               Who tf is this?

Unknown:   Oh... lol it's Tayler.

Me: Oh. Ok lol. Night night.

Tayler: Sweet dreams. Love you.

Me: Ummmm...?

Tayler: Whoops. That was supposed to
                       go to my mom lol. Sorry...

Me: It's cool lmao... glad to know
you're a momma's boy ;) lol

Tayler's POV

Whew. You almost fucked up, Tayler. You almost fucked up...