Chapter 9

I turn back around, and see that Tayler is still talking to his friends. I slowly walk towards them, not wanting to interrupt their conversation. Zach sees me, nudging Tayler and motioning slightly in my direction with his head.

Tayler follows the direction of Zach's gesture until he sees me. Our eyes meet and he smiles before walking my way. My heart jumps with excitement as he approaches and I can't help but to feel happy.

Lost in my own giddiness I am surprised by his voice when it says my name. "Em, I'm so glad you could make it! come with me and meet some of my best friends," he says grabbing my arm and pulling me with him.

We stop once we reach Zach and Bryce's spot in the room and Tayler goes through the formal introductions. "Emily, meet Zach and Bryce. Bryce, Zach, meet Emily," he says. We all say hi, and Zach very smoothly breaks the ice. "Tayler, man, I really don't think the introductions were all that necessary. I mean, from the amount that you've told us about Emily already I feel like I've known her my whole life!" He turns toward me before continuing, " Seriously, Emily, we haven't been able to get him to shut up!"

We all laugh as Tayler turns red and shoots Zach a look. "Real cool, dude. Real cool," Tayler says sarcastically. "Awww, don't be embarrassed. I think it's cute that you told your friends about me!" I tell him.

We all make conversation and pretty much confirm all of the things that Tayler has told us about each other. Amidst the conversation, Bryce tells me that he was with Tayler the day we met and actually happened to be the one who threw the football.

"Tayler kept saying how pretty you were, but he wouldn't nut up and go talk to you, so I gave him a little nudge by throwing the football your way. I didn't mean to hit your painting. Honest. I was just trying to give him a little push," Bryce says.

"Oh my goodness! I guess i'm all my frustration I didn't even think to look at who actually threw the football!" I say laughing, "It's  okay though, because I got something way more special out of that day on the beach."

Author's note: okay so I hate these just as much as y'all do, but I feel like I owed y'all this one. I honestly hadn't looked at this app in probably a year and a half and had completely forgotten about this story. Looking through the 700 notifications and reading through the comments that I had on it literally brought me to tears, so thank you! I'm not promising y'all that I'm going to write more often or anything but I'll try to write enough to at least give an ending to this story for y'all. Thanks for hanging around for this! ;)