Chapter 3

I wake up, and the sun is shining. It's a gorgeous day.

Shit. The sun is shining.

I quickly look at my phone. It's 10:00. My classes started at 8:30. I quickly rush around my room and throw some random clothes on. As I search frantically for my keys, my phone rings.

————

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetheart, how is your morning going?"

"It's not going great Mom. I can't find my keys and I'm already late for classes and-"

"Sweetheart, it's SATURDAY..."

I freeze in my tracks and mentally facepalm. I'm so fucking stupid sometimes.

"I'm so dumb. Thanks Mom."

"Just fulfilling my motherly duties. I've got to go now sweetheart, but I hope your day gets better."

"Haha. I love you Mom. Tell Dad and Liam I said hi. I'll talk to you later."

"I love you too. Bye"

I laugh as I hang up the phone. Mom always handles my stupidities with grace.

I wander around my apartment for ten minutes. It's Saturday and I have nothing to do and no one to hang out with.

I guess I'll just go to the beach.

————

After throwing a towel into my bag as well as some brushes, paints, and canvases, I throw on my crocheted bikini (above). I pull my hair into a messy bun and put on my aviators before hopping into my Jeep and heading to the beach.

————

Once I arrived at the beach, I chose to go to a different spot than I usually do. I wandered down the beach before coming to a spot that was perfect.

The rocks formed into a choppy yet perfect place. They were jagged, yet not in an intimidating way. It was as though I was looking at something from the dreams of god.

The best part about it: there was literally no one around.

I lost track of time as I painted and sketched. Late morning turned to early evening in the blink of an eye. Even so, it was too perfect to stop before it got completely dark.

————

Out of nowhere my phone went off. I ignored it but it went off again a couple of seconds later. I groaned as I got it out to check it.

Tayler: Hey bbg

Tayler: Fine ignore me then...

Me: Ok 1) my name is Emily. And 2) I wasn't ignoring.

Tayler: Don't lie to me bbg...

Me: I wasn't lying, but if you're going to act like a fuckboy then ✌️

Tayler: Damn ok. I guess I won't come down there if that's how ya feel

I look around behind me after reading his last text. Sure enough, he's about 20 feet behind me...