Chapter 11

Marinette POV

     My head snapped up to the teacher. Why me? Of all days this had to happen.

     "Umm, could you repeat it please?" I asked innocently.

     He gave me the stink eye, "Next time be ready and pay attention. I would hate to give my favorite student detention."

     Yes, I'm a teachers pet.

     Few students scoffed and rolled their eyes, where others just ignored his sarcasm. Mr. Kipert never objected to giving a student detention, I was no exception. It was practically his hobby.

     "Of course, sir." He went back to teaching, while I tried my hardest to pay attention.

     My eyes wandered off sometimes, either looking outside or at people to admire their good looks. Sometimes I wish I could look like that..

      Class ended soon after, me rushing off to make sure Adrien didn't find me. I wasn't ready to out my kissing Chat.

     But as I quickly shuffled down the hall I felt a tug on my arm, stopping me in my tracks. When my head turned to look at the source, it was a frowning Adrien.

     "Why are you leaving without me?" He asked, pouting.

      I had to admit, no matter what state he was in, he looked damn fine.

     "I, um ... I just remembered I had to stop by my locker for a book!" I exclaimed the first thing that came to mind.

     "You already have a book," Oh yeah.. "And I could just walk you there."

     Silence expanded as time ticked by. I couldn't find another excuse, and by the looks on his face it seemed he knew I was lying. I wasn't to good at that if you didn't already know.

     "Is there something you'd like to tell me?"

     I knew I couldn't hide anything from him. Not only being the worst liar, but also his strange ability to see right through me.

     "I.... I kissed Chat Noir." I stated in a whisper in voice. I felt like he would let it slide, forgive me and believe that it was a mistake. But reality was much harder than that, and I was just about to learn that.

     When I looked up at him, his face a mix of emotions. Angry, relieved, and many more I wasn't able to see, as he snapped out of his trance. The eyes I looked into held emptiness and a hint of betrayal.

     "I thought you loved me.." His voice faded. I felt a pang of hurt tingle in my chest.

     "I-I'm so sorry, I didn't me-" I was cut off.

     "STOP IT!" He yelled, "Just, stop it."

     I was left standing their in tears, as he walked off. What did I just do...

___________________________________________________________________________

Doing back to back chapters for everyone who has been waiting for my slow updates!!