Chapter 18

Marinette POV

     The next few weeks of school went by in the blink of an eye. It was like I saw Adrien everywhere I went, and having most of my classes with him didn't help. After pushing him out of my life, I felt like a walking robot. I love him so much, but there is no possible way that he couldn't have still been mad at me. I kissed another guy for heaven's sake! And besides, if we had gone any further he may have found out about everything. I can't risk that happening..

     "Mari!" There stood Alya with a pissed look on her face.

     "Ohh hey, what's up?" I said, ignoring the fact that I completely dazed off in the middle of our conversation.

     "What's going on with you? You've been dazing off a lot lately, and you look like you barely got any sleep." Alya stated, her nose scrunched as she tried hiding her worried expression.

     "Ahh, yeah. I've been staying up really late to get homework done an-"

     "I know you broke up with Adrien." Alya said blunty, cutting me off in the process.

     "Oh... that." I said, avoiding her eyes.

     "What's going on between you two? First your lovey-dovey-tripping-over-your-feet and now you just dumped him. Why in the hell would you do that?!" She whisper shouted.

     "I-I don't know.. it's complicated." I stuttered.

     "Oh hun, your gonna have to get a little more specific then that."

     "I kissed someone else, alright? That's all." I huffed.

     "You... you what?!" She yelled.

     "Jeez calm down!"

     "I can't calm down! You, Marinette, head over heels for Adrien for years now, and you leave him for another guy?!" She yelled, her voice rising.

     "It's not like that, okay?!" I sighed, "I love Adrien, of course I do. I just... the kiss was a mistake obviously. Adrien got mad at me, and then suddenly apologized and said he didn't care. Something was off, I knew he was upset and I couldn't fix that. We just aren't meant to be."

     "Where's the Marinette I know and love? The fact that he was willing to put something that big past him is such a big deal. That's true love right there, and you just dumped him? Right after he pretty much stated that he was deeply and truly in love with you?" She said calmly.

     "I-I'm sorry..."

     "I'm not the one your supposed to be apologizing to. He is." Alya grabbed my shoulder and pointed me in the direction of a certain blonde standing in front of the school building gazing down at his phone.

     I firmly grabbed the straps of my backpack and walked in his direction. There's no turning back now.

_______________________________________________________________________________