True love.....

"I don't know."

"What do you mean by 'I don't know'?"

Ryan glared at Raphael, who was now sitting on the couch cross-legged.

After returning from the forest, Ryan was suffocating Raphael with questions, but he only had one answer in return. 'I don't know.'

Raphael couldn't think of anything else as he was on Cloud 9 after hearing from Lillian. Never in his entire life had Raphael thought that he would find true love. And when he did, he was more than happy. It was as if he had found the missing part of his life. His mind was blank about the consequences and council. All he had was Lillian and her smiling face.

Now it was Ryan's turn to pace around the room. Tensed would be a small word compared to what Ryan was feeling. Though he had the power to control a few laws, this was out of his line.

A vampire and a werewolf from royal blood cannot be mated because of the aftermath. It is said that the child born will be neither a werewolf nor a vampire, but something in between.

He/she will no doubt be one of the most powerful things on earth. But the actual problem is whether it will be good or bad for both the races.

The history of such a child showed disaster, and it was centuries ago. The seven-year-old baby almost brought vampires, werewolves, and many other creatures to extinction. The boy and his mother were later killed and burned by his own father, who was a Werewolf noble at that time. After that, a new law was passed, banning inter-marriage between royals of both races. And if anyone objects to the law, they are to be killed and burned immediately without considering their social status or power. No one dared to cross that path, even after centuries.

But history was to be repeated, if the love of these two blossoms.

Lillian and Raphael were well aware of this, but their love for each other was unconditional.

Ryan was about to ask another question, but got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in." Said Ryan, though the room belongs to Raphael.

A sixteen-year-old looking Sid entered the room, scowling.

Both the elder ones looked at him questioningly.

Sid was their favorite cousin because of his adorable face and carefree nature. He shared almost everything with them. Even his love life, which changed its heroine each time he narrated a new story. This sixteen-year-old had more girlfriends than Raphael, Adrian, or Ryan combined.

"She said 'No' again."

He said through gritted teeth and sank near Raphael.

"Who, that witch?"

Asked Ryan, while settling on the bed opposite to the couch.

Sid nodded, looking down.

Lately, Sid has been pursuing a young witch who has serious anger issues.

"How many times did I tell you she's dangerous? She's a witch, for heaven's sake, Sid. One curse and that's enough for you to rot in hell."

Raphael scolded him like a responsible uncle.

Ryan gave Raphael a 'first find a solution to your problem' look. But he turned back to Sid, unnoticing Ryan.

"I know she's a witch with a pretty bad anger problem. But it's like; something's drawing me to her. I can't focus on any other girl when she's in my mind. Each time I think of her, I feel different. A feeling that I have never felt before, somewhere here." He pointed to his chest.