Chapter 2

Authors note: please be aware some mention of domestic violence. Stop reading if its a sensitive subject.

"I havent done anything"

"I dont call fighting not doing anything"

"I didnt start it"

"Do you expect me to believe that based on your record? You have already been warned because of fighting, using foul language and bullying; I said last time if anything else happened, you'd be out that door"

"But it wasnt my fault; she started it"

"You do not backchat either; the truth is you got caught fighting and you dont want to face the consequences"

"I would if I started it but I didnt; ask anyone who was there and they'll tell you what really happened"

"I will do, dont worry but right now, you are going to the cooler to write me a two thousand word essay on why you think its okay to fight in school and backchat teachers"

"That's not fair!"

"Do you want to make it three thousand?!"

"No"

"Then I suggest you shut up and get moving; and if I hear you two have been so much as even arguing, you'll be out. Do you understand?"

"Yes miss"

"Good, come on"

After making aure both Nikki and Rebecca were sorted, Rachel stood at the top of the stairs, with a drink as she leant against the banister and sighed. She went back into the office and sat on the corner sofa as she put the drink down and looked out the window; it wasnt even lunch time yet and she had already had to sort out a fight and put two girls in the cooler. She knew it was going to be one of those days; she started the day happy but now it was going down hill; she thought of some of her better days and of her boyfriend, Tom Ellis. He'd been away on work for a week and he was due back that afternoon; she had hoped to get away early but it wasn't going to happen now. She sighed as there was a knock on the door and a familiar face came in; she smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck as he kissed her.

"I thought you werent back until later?"

"I managed to get away early; how's your day going so far?"

"It's been better; it's just one of those days, I think. I'm glad you're here"

"So am I"

He leant in and kissed her again before they were interrupted by a knock at he door.

"Come in" Rachel said as she and Tom pulled away.

The door opened and Kim walked in.

"Sorry, am I interrupting? I can come back in a bit..."

"It's okay Kim; I was just leaving. I'll see you after work?" he asked Rachel.

"I'll give you a call when I'm done"

"Dont work too hard, bye"

He kissed her before leaving as Rachel and Kim sat on the sofa with their drinks; Rachel watched Tom drive off before turning back to look at Kim.

"So, what can I do for you?" Rachel asked as she took a sip of her drink.

"Nikki James; I get the feeling she's hiding something"

"So do I; this is so unusual for her. She's always been the type of girl to avoid trouble and get on with her work; I've not had to put her in the cooler before. Rebecca Jones on the otherhand..."