Chapter 10

The next morning, Rachel awoke in Tom's arms; he kissed her forehead as she looked at him.

"I wish i could stay here all day" she said, snuggling against him.

"Me too"

"I dont wanna go to work"

"Why dont you phone in sick or tell them you're working from home this morning?"he suggested.

"I couldnt"

"You could; spend the morning with me?"

"I dunno"

"Please?"

"Okay"

She rested against his shoulder as she grabbed her phone off the side and dialled a number.

"Kim, hi; yeah, i'm fine. Can you hold the fort? I'm gonna work from home this morning" she let a little moan escape from her lips as Tom's hands begin to wonder. "Okay, see you later"

She ended the call and put her phone on the side before turning back to Tom as she kissed him vigorously. A while later, she sat up in bed as he brought her breakfast on a tray; he put it on her lap as he sat next to her, kissed her forehead and had a piece of toast. Afterwards, she took a shower before getting into her black trousers and zipped jacket and styling her hair into a straight down style; she pulled on her black boots before going through to where Tom was in the living room, sitting on the sofa.

"Thank you for breakfast; it was lovely" she said as she sat next to him, his arms around her.

"You're welcome"

"I wish i didnt have to go in this afternoon"

"So do i; it's only for a couple of hours and then we can spend the night together"

"I'd like that"

"I'll make us something special"

"Cant wait; i'd better get going"

"I love you"

"You too; i'll see you later"

"I'll be here"

He leant in and kissed her lovingly before she grabbed her coat and bags and left; she arrived at the school where she was walking across from the car park when she saw an upset Nikki heading towards her.

"Nikki, what's wrong?" She asked, crouching a little and putting her hands on her forearms

"It's my mom" Nikki wept.

"What's happened?"

"She's...there's conplications; she's..."

"Is it looking bad?"

Nikki nodded tearfully as Rachel put her arm around her; she whispered a few things and handed her a tissue.

"It's gonna be okay; let's get you to the hospital"

"No"

"You need to be there, come on"

Rachel led her to the car before driving her to the hospital; they went up to the Intensive Care Unit where her nan was at her bedside.

"Nan, is she...?"

"I'm sorry honey"she said as she looked at Nikki.

"No, she cant; mom, you have to wake up" she wept as she held her moms hand.

"Honey, there were complications; they doctors did everything they could..."

"I dont believe you"