the victor

authors note: the story is fast paced btw :)

day one of the games

"games are on!" clayton yelled. i stepped out of bed and sprinted into the kitchen.

clayton rested his hands on my shoulders and pointed at the projection. Clayton and I sat down on the couch.

The gong went off and everyone went running towards the Cornucopia.
The terrain was a mixture of the woods and a small beach.
The Cornucopia was on an island.

I watched as Finnick jumped off the platform he was on and swam his way to the Cornucopia. He was the first one there.

Althea got there 5th. She grabbed a sword and stabbed two people, the girl from District 2 and the boy from District 8.

Not long after, an arrow went through her heart.
I looked down, sadly.
Well, now i can hope on Finnick.

He grabbed a belt of knives and tied them around his waist along with a backpack.
He killed people one-by-one.

And like I said before...
he wasn't terrified at all.
He actually looked like he was having fun.

I couldn't help but laugh, myself.

-a week later-

Day Eight Of The Games
Finnick was still alive, thank God.
Everyday I fell harder.

Later, he was sitting on the surface of a beach, eating fish. He only had one knife left-lost the rest in a fight with 4 other people.

He looked up, hearing a Siren.
He grabbed the parachute and out came a trident.
It had to be the most expensive gift any mentor could give.

With that trident, another week past and he won the games.

Day After Winning:
The Victory Tour
"Brook, guess what!" Clayton said in a high-pitched mocking voice.

"What?" I mumbled.

"Finnick's Victory Tour is stopping here in five minutes!"

I rolled my eyes, acting like I didn't care, but when he left, I jumped out of bed and got dressed in a cute blue dress.

All girls wear dresses at the Victory Tour, so I wasn't really 'dressing up' or whatever.

My mom led Clayton and I outside. Soon enough, Finnick came marching down, greeting people, his trident happily in his right hand. He had on no shirt, with pants tied with rope

Every step he took closer towards me, my heart raced faster and faster.

It felt like it stopped when he stopped right beside me, greeting Clayton.

About a minute later, he was standing in front of me, reaching out a hand.

"I'm Finnick Odair." He smiled. I laughed, shaking his hand.

"Trust me, I know who you are."

"And what is that suppose to mean?" He smirked.

I shook my head in response.

"I'm Brooklynn Westbay. Or Brook."

I was surprised I was keeping it cool and not sweating like crazy.

"I like that dress on you. Suits your hair." He smiled, holding a strand of my long brown hair.

I couldn't hide the pink flushing my cheeks.

"I like that...rope."

We both had to laugh at that one.

"Tell you what..." he said. "If you ever get your name pulled out at the reaping...I'll help you out."

I tilted my head, "what do you mean?"

"I mean, if you need medicine or...
a trident of your own." He winked and kissed my hand. "It was nice to meet you Brook. Maybe we can meet again." He winked again and walked off.

I stood there....stunned. Finnick Odair wants to see me again. He wants to be friends.
He's willing to help me if I'm ever in the Hunger Games.

For the rest of the tour, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

.