The Interviews

"How did the training test go?"
Alba asked, sitting me down, starting to braid my hair the same as last night.

"I almost shot Plutarch..."
I muttered.

She stopped.
"You almost shot him?!"

"Come on, I said almost.
I did shoot the moose, though."

She stifled a laugh.
"The moose mounted on the wall?"

"Yup."

She smiled.
"Well, now they should know you don't mess around. I don't think they'll give you a low score, but no one has ever done that so I don't know..."
She started to braid my hair again.

"Hopefully...got any advice for the interviews?"

"Hmm...be yourself."

"I'm tough, I know. But...what if I can't speak to Caesar the same way I do with you and Ryder and Finnick?"

"Finnick will be in the first row.
I'm sure you'll be okay if you just look at him."

I smiled. "Yeah. That should help. Where will you be?" I asked.

"Back stage."

Soon, she finished braiding my hair.

"Legs are shaved, right?"

"Yes."

"Well, I'm gonna put lotion on them. I'll send the prep team in to do your nails."

After she applied my lotion, she left, as the prep team walked in.

"Sit down at the table, honey."
Itzel, a woman covered in pink and bright colors said.

I sat down as her, a guy named Hamza covered in orange and blue makeup and a fake wig, and another woman named Serenity each grabbed different nail polish.

"Which one dear?" Asked Hamza.
He held a orange, Itzel held a silver, and Serenity held a navy.

"Navy. Can you make the tips have silver?" I asked.

They all nodded and went to work on clipping my finger nails and painting them. Same goes with my toe nails.

I sighed when they were finished.
"Thanks." I said.

They left and Alba walked in.
"Aw, sweetie! The nails are gorgeous! Now let's get your makeup done!"

She applied powder and base to match my skin tone, maybe a little darker, light grey eyeshadow to my eyelids, black mascara to my eyelashes, making them stand out, light pink blush to  my cheek bones, and light pink lip gloss.

She grabbed another tool and went to work on my eyebrows.

"Ok! All done! My, my, you look gorgeous!"

I looked in the mirror.
"Thank you, Alba."

"You're welcome, darling. You know, you have been the best tribute I have ever had in all my 68 years of working for District 6.
Now...for the dress. Its gonna be the same color as the one you had last night. Navy. But it has green, too. And it's gonna be wayyyy more beautiful."

She pulled a dress from the rack and it caused me to gasp.
"Wow. Is gorgeous."

I put it on with the silver heels and was amazed by my beauty.