Bullseye!

"So," Finnick said as soon as we walked into the Training area.
"What're you good with?"

"Bow and arrows. Knives.
Maybe a trident." I said, winking.

He laughed.
"How about this? Grab your bow and arrows and go into that little room and set up your stuff."

Even though he didn't explain we'll, I knew what he was talking about.

# of dummies: 21
Accelerated speed: medium
Weapon type: bow & arrows

The doors closed behind me.
I set the arrow on the string and pulled it back, ready.

I was looking around, waiting for something to pop out.
Finally, I heard something running behind me.
I turned at the yellow pixelated dummy who was carrying a spear and pulled my arrow back even farther. He threw the spear, but I dodged it, shooting him in the heart.
He shattered into yellow pixels.

I turned to my left to see one coming at me with a trident.
I shot it in the head, turned around, and shot another in the stomach.
After about 10 more, there were only 8 left.

They all came at the same time.
One to my left.
One to my right.
One in front of me.
One behind me.
One running across higher ground.
2 running in my direction and another to my left.

I shot both dummies to my left, twisted, shot the one in front of me, then the one to my right, then the one behind me.

I pulled my arrow, tracked the one running across higher ground and released it, making it shatter.

I turned around as one came running with a sword and another running with an arrow.

I shot the one with the sword in the leg, caused it to shatter and dodged the other's arrow, shooting him in between the eyes.

That was 21, i thought, our of breath.

As I walked out of the room, many people were surrounded and by many, I mean 25. All 23 tributes, Finnick, and Effie.

Some clapped in a way saying
I did well.
Others, in a slow way by saying  nice job showing off.

"Wow." Finnick said.
"That was impressive.
Forgot to tell you, every tribute comes and practices here before the test later. I say be on your own but just in case, chose your maybe allies."

"Well, I need to know their names." I chuckled.

"Brently and Grover, District One.
Brently is a shy girl. So she'd easily be scared of you. Grover is her best friend, he didn't want her to go in the games with a stranger so he volunteered. He alright too, I guess

"Rosemarie and Dax, District 2. Both Careers. And remember, don't hang with any Careers. They'll turn on you just like that and probably kill you in your sleep.
District 3, Andromeda, or however you pronounces that. Most call her Andy. And partner Carlisle, both 18. Andy is a viscous killer, if you've seen her hunt, but she's scared of a lot of things. Carlisle, he's not a fighter, but he is smart.

"Everest and Kale, my District.
Everest is a sweet, 12 year old, I feel bad for her. Kale is 15. He's ok, I guess but he has a bad attitude and horrible temper.
District 5, Mavis and Treble, 16 and 17. Also Careers.
Then you got you and Ryder.
District 7, Orla and Dennis, or Denny. 13 and 18. Denny is a good hunter and Orla, a good swimmer.

"Ainslee and Edwin, District 8.
Ainslee seems really sweet but she is viscous.
District 9, Roxy and Kobe.
Roxy is sly. She barely speaks, some thinks she's an Avox. Kobe is smart too, but more loud. Both Careers, even though Roxy keeps to herself.

"District 10, Monet and Franko.
Very brave. Both volunteered.
Monet for her younger sister and Franko for his really close cousin. They wouldn't be bad allies but like I said, try to keep to yourself.
Zaro and Duke, District 11.
They're weird, mysterious. Keep your distance.
And last, District 12, Patricia, or Patty, and Rex, also Careers.
Keep as much distance between you and Rex as you can.
He's the strongest, the sneakiest, and meanest. So yeah. That's all."

His words soaked in.
"Got it."

"Now go train some more. We only got 30 minutes before tests."

-testing-

"You ready guys?" Finnick asked.

"Not really." Ryder answers, truthfully.

"Eh." I shrugged.

"Well i can't go with y'all. Wait til they call  you for individual assessment."

Ryder walked ahead but Finnick pulled me back.

"If you chose the bow, take your time. You'll do great. I'll be here waiting."

"Thanks, Finnick." I said.

He nodded and walked away.

I sat next to Ryder and explained the people to him. Before I knew it, Ryder was gone and it was my turn.

"Brooklynn Westbay for individual assessment."

I walked into the room, slowly grabbing my bow and arrows. I made sure the Capitol was watching, they were. I did exactly what I did early hoping I might've done better.

But when I was done, they weren't even paying attention!
I pulled an arrow and shot it right past Plutarch Heavensbee's face and right through the center of a Moose's nose mounted on the wall.

I was so angry, I walked out without even being dismissed.

I knew Finnick was gonna be mad.

When all 4 of us were in the kitchen, I whispered to him what had happened.

Finnick excused us and took me around the corner, slamming me against the wall. Not hard, thank God, knowing how strong he is.

"You did what?!"

"They weren't paying attention.
I knew you'd get mad."

He turned around and ran his fingers through his hair.
"This can give you a low score. This can make you lose sponsors, this can-."

"Finnick! Shut up. I did what I had to do, okay?" I said calmly.

He nodded. "Fine. Fine. Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe they'll like your temper, idk."

"Thank you."

He shook his head.
"Whatever. Go get Alba. Interviews start in two hours."

Sorry this chapter is kinda long. Hope y'all like it, cause the next one is gonna have a twist...most likely.

Don't forget to rate!!
Thanks!💝-finnick_odang