Christmas Shopping

A/N: Mitch is in a hurry to get Christmas presents and Scott is the shop owner that Mitch runs into every few minutes, asking for his opinion
_

I checked my watch - only one hour to go until I was off for today, and Christmas. It was December 23rd, and people were running around trying to grab the next best thing to give to someone for Christmas, it was insane. People were asking for sold out books, electronic devices, DVDs, CDs, the usual. So we had to restock, so that was exactly what I was doing as a guy in his mid-twenties came running into the shop, breathing rapidly and heading towards my section with the scented candles. For a second I thought someone might be following him and he was trying to escape but soon enough I realized he was just one of the many people rushing his Christmas shopping at the very last second.

"When are y'all closing?" He asked, completely out of breath when he grabbed the first candle and smelled it. I chuckled.

"In one hour. You have plenty of time, don't worry."

"Oh. Good. Good." He continued searching trough the aisles, going through every scented candle and refiller twice and three times before he sighed, running his hand through his long bangs and turning to me.

"My, uh... My mom wanted a bunch of scented candles," he states. "Do you think this is a good one?" He held a clean cotton Yankee candle right in front of my face, making me smell it. "Is this a good one? I've smelled so many, I can't smell anything."

"Oh, um..." I blushed, slightly flustered by the straightforwardness of the stranger, but I nodded. "Personally, I really like it. But we have coffee beans right there by the perfume. It neutralizes your sense of smell."

"Right. Thank you."

The small brunette boy headed to the perfume section and I continued restocking until only about a minute later he came back.

"What do you think about this one? It says... Cozy by the fire?" He held a red candle in front of me. I took it hesitantly, smelling it.

"Well, I like cozy fires."

I figured if this guy was going to spend some time here I might as well flirt a little. His looks was... Above average. Way above average. He had very soft, almost feminine features but a sharp jawline at the same time. His honey brown eyes were roaming all over the store now but I felt like in relaxed moments you could be able to drown in them. He was overall a very, very, very beautiful guy. To say the least.

"Alright... And this?"

He handed me a candle that I immediately recognized as candy cane lane, my least favorite. I scrunched my nose.

"Ugh. I hate candy canes, sorry."

He looked at me like I was crazy, but it all seemed to be in a playful way.

"Who on earth hates candy canes?"

"Well, me, apparently." I laughed. "Why don't you go with a classic one? Like strawberry, or one that I really love is red raspberry. Vanilla is also a classic one, but it's something you either love or hate."

"Ugh, I could go for some raspberries right now," he said, thoughtful, but zapped back to reality quickly after. "Anyways, thank you. I'm gonna get the ones you said. But I also wanted to get something christmassy-"

"We have apple cinnamon pie?" I offered. His eyes immediately lit up.

"She's gonna love it, I already know it."

He hurried to get the candles that I suggested, now holding seven in his hands.

"I need three more."