◣ 1 ◥

Namjoon let out a long sigh in despair as he putted both of his palms behind his head, balancing a pen with his lips. Composing songs is fun, they said. You'll be alright, they said.

He putted the pencil down, while trying to control himself from yawning once again. It's a peaceful night, and it's hella hard to stay awake. He groaned once again, resting chin on both of his hands.

He glanced to his sides, both left and right a few times while biting his lower lip slightly. They wouldn't know anything, right? A quick nap will be fine, right? Another sigh came out from his mouth, as he slowly shuts down his eyes.

Being a trainee is hard enough for me.

❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉

Jihyo Park tapped the counter once again, already feeling annoyed. "Excuse me, sir? Sir?" She raised her voice higher than before, crossing her arms together in a bossy way.

He glanced her for a second, still feeling sleepy and stuffs. Joon blinked his eyes for a few times, before realizing it's a customer. Before realizing it's a girl. Before realizing it's an adorable high school girl, still wearing her school uniform.

A broad, gummy smile curved on his lips as he stood up. Clumsily, as usual. He ended up knocking down all of Jihyo's stuffs from the counter. The younger one just gave him a death glare, the one that even Taecyeon thought it's eerie.

Her eyes wandered around, feeling too annoyed to even look at his face right now. But then something caught her attention. She took the piece of paper, reading the lyrics lines by lines. She eyed the guy in front of her, the paper, then him back with knitting brows.

"Are you a composer?" He shook his head without hesistant, flashing the same smile at her. He's usually grumpy and less talkative during night shifts, but tonight, it's different. He felt different. He felt jolly, without any specific reasons. "I'm a trainee, actually." She pursed her lips, nodding as a response.

Holding the straps of her backpack, the corners of her mouth slips upwards slowly. "I'm a trainee too! Are you under YG Entertainment, by the way?" Meeting another trainees like this always make her happy and giddy. She doesn't felt annoyed anymore, somehow. After all, she already spent half of her childhood days just to become an actress.

Namjoon licked his lower lip, anxious to tell her the truth. The truth that he's just a trainee from a small, unknown company. To be honest, it's quite useless to tell her what company since she probably doesn't know about it at all.

Gulping, he rubbed the back of his neck. "Actually, I'm just a trainee from a company called Big Hit. You probably doesn't know that company at all, because it's just a small company after all," His voice was wobbly, mainly because of the bad feelings he felt right now.

Jihyo smiled in a bitter way, nodding once again. She can feel what he's been feeling, after devoting half of her life to be a trainee. And yet, still couldn't debut yet. Heh, what a terrible life it is.

"No, it's okay. I've been a trainee for 7 years now, and I can understand how you felt in a weird way." She chuckled softly, but it seems fake. She's trying to  hide her pain deep inside her heart. And Namjoon could understand that, somehow.

Awkward silence then filled the store's atmosphere. It's pretty weird to have such a deep conversation with  a stranger, especially during midnight. Joon took a quick look at the young girl, smiling a bit when he saw her embarrased face. Clearing his throat, he inserted Jihyo's items in a plastic bag hurriedly. "It'll be 15,000 won," He stammered, noticing her cheeks turning red already.

She took the plastic bag, lowering her face to avoid the handsome cashier in front of her. "Thank you, then," She responded, already walking out from the store. She couldn't take it anymore, her heart is beating extra fast at the moment, and it hurts.

"Please come again!" A bright smile appeared on Namjoon's face as he waved his hand. He probably look like a crazy idiot, but he'll definitely ignore that fact. Somehow. Magically.  "The next time you come again, maybe we can talk more and eat ramen together, Jihyo-sshi."

❝ r a m e n  a n d  c h i l l ? ❞

Jihyo turned to her back, with her brows knitting together. With a straight face, she raised a brow and asks, "You mean, ramen and chill?" He could felt his cheeks getting hotter in embarrassment as he waves his hand continuously in response. "No, No! That's not what I meant at all! Don't get that wrong, Jihyo-sshi!"

He heard an audible chuckle coming out from her. There's a sly smile on her face as she leans closer towards his face, crossing her arms together on her chest. Joon's heart was beating so hard he felt he could faint at the moment.

❝ but i'm still underage, mister. ❞