◣ 9 ◥

She turned off her phone, tossing it away on the bed. Taking off her coat, she landed herself on the bed, hands creeping around to find her phone back. As soon as she reached it, she turned it on and waited. And waited. Just one. One message was all she wanted from Joon.

「 convo. 」

Lovely Hyo:
hey??
Lovely Hyo:
Joon, you there?
Lovely Hyo:
I wanna meet you.
Lovely Hyo:
Tonight? Please?
[ √ s e e n √ ]

Puffing her cheeks, she couldn't help but to think about JYP's advice again. She never wants to admit it, but maybe, just maybe, everything that he said will be true. And Hyo was scared. To lose Joon.

「 2345 」

jooooonie~~~:
Sorry, Hyo.
jooooonie~~~:
couldn't make it.
[ √ s e e n √ ]

❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉

An annoyed sound escaped from his mouth as his eyes stare at the younger figure in front of his eyes. A young woman drinking 2 cans of beers all by herself, just because of a guy. Oh wow, such a delightful sight!

Note that sarcasm, by the way.

His eyes followed her hands, that were opening yet another can of beer. That is it. Wang had enough of Hyo. This bullshit gonna stop now. And with those sentences playing repeatedly inside his mind, he grabbed her small hand right before the drink go down into her throat.

Hyo's eyes enlarged in anger. Her glare did give Wang the chills, but does he care? Oh well, definitely not. After all, he knew she has a soft spot in her heart just for him. Because he's Jackson Wang.

"Let me go, you cunt!"

He chuckled at her words. Intimidating, but yet still adorable as hell. Wang sat down on a plastic chair, eyes searching for her scary gaze. Her eyes were puffy, swollen, red. He saw her now putting down the glass of soju and stares at him. With a confused look, she questions him, "What's wrong with you? Why are you laughing?"

The elder one shook his head, curving a fatherly smile on his face. He reached out his hand and holds Hyo's hand in a cautious way like she's some sort of a fragile thing. And it's true. Hyo's heart is fragile, easy to break. And tonight proved that.

"You shouldn't get yourself wasted just because of a guy, you know?" Hyo's gaze went down to their hands, playing with it in silence. Wang was right. She shouldn't have done that. But she knew at that time, she was already blinded with love. Her love for Joon is big. Bigger than her love for herself.

She let out a soft sigh. Tears slowly formed inside of her round eyes. Goddamnit, not again. Her face was getting red, and soon, a drop of tear fell down to her cheek. Wang stuck out his hand and wiped her tear away.  The same smile was still seen on his face.

"Hyo, listen to what I'm going to say, alright?" His soothing voice broke the silence among them. Her gaze went up again. The younger one sniffed, her head going up and down. Wang took a deep breath before continuing, "You're already an adult, Hyo. You do know what happened when someone gets really famous, right?"

Nodding, Hyo felt her heart getting more and more painful every second that passed by. The elder guy noticed that her body was trembling, and soon, tears fell down on her cheeks. Only this time, it didn't stop. Her tears getting heavier and heavier. Wang sighed, hand now taking out a handkerchief from his pocket. He gave it, mouth calming Hyo down by saying, "Hyo, this is the painful reality. Idols cannot be together. Idols cannot date each other. Okay?"

She nodded. Again. The younger one couldn't fight his words at all, because she knew everything that he said is true. Her eyes were still glued on him when he stood up from the chair, automatically making her stand up too. Hyo's brows knitted together. But Wang was still smiling. "Now, now. I know something that'll cheer you up. What do you say, ramen?"

And finally, Wang could now see the end of Hyo's mouth slowly curving upwards.

❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉ ❈ ❉

gee, so cringy. (〃▽〃)