Six - Gray and White (Edited)

❀ ✿ ❀ ~ Eva ~ ✿ ❀ ✿

a year later...

Sunlight shines in my eyes and I groan, raising my hand, turning over. I squint as I look at the time, seeing that it's eight am. My eyes widen and I slide out of bed. "Goddammit, I overslept. Who the hell turned off my alarm?!"

Cait pushes my door open with a smile, "Sorry, that was me." I give her a glare and she shrugs, taking a bite of a sandwich. "What? You would've only had like two hours of sleep last night, you needed more. You don't give yourself enough rest, Eva."

I roll my eyes and head toward my bathroom, "Whatever."

"Also, the council called," she clears her throat.

"Okay?" I stop and look back at her. "What did they say?"

"They said that we need to pack our things and that they want us to go to a pack that keeps getting attacked by hunters and rogues over in Cali."

My eyebrows raise, "What pack?"

"I don't know, they said that they would call back in a couple hours."

"Alright then, I'm gonna shower. Where's Grayson?"

"Training the children, duh." She rolls her eyes. "Where he's at every Saturday morning."

"Right," I murmur and step into my bathroom.

I walk downstairs twenty minutes later, freshly showered and dressed. I walk out and look around, nodding as I see Grayson with a large group of girls and boys between the ages eleven to fifteen. Grayson waves his hand as he speaks, "Today we'll be learning how to disarm a hunter, now there are many different ways, depending on the weapon, whether it's a gun or a blade, et cetera."

I walk back inside and back to my study after grabbing a bowl of cereal and sit at my desk. My phone rings and I pick it up, "Good morning, Councilman Jerry."

"Good morning, Luna. How are you today?"

"Crappy, what's the bad news?"

"I'm sorry to tell you, but you'll be heading toward the Silver Eclipse pack. They've been attacked for the fourth time this year and they can barely stand their ground. I need you to pay them a visit and train them."

I sigh and run my hand across my face, "You've gotta be kidding me, Jerry."

"I know, I know," he mutters. "But we have no other pack that's as highly trained as yours. The hunter population has tripled in size the past year and we need to do something about it before they outnumber every pack they come across."

"Alright then," I lean back and shake my head.

"So pack your things, you and some of your pack needs to be there by tomorrow morning, okay?" Jerry says and I nod.

"I'll be there, Councilman."

"Mac will be there for the duration of your stay, so if you have any questions or concerns, just speak to him. Buses will be there tonight around nine pm."

"Thanks, Jerry,"

"Have a good stay, Luna Eva."

I bow my head as I hang the phone up and let out a loud yell of frustration, slamming my fist on my desk, grimacing as I hear a quiet crack. "Eva?"

I look up, seeing Grayson a few feet away from me, looking at me worriedly. "What is it, Grayson?"

"Are you okay?"