Nine - April (Edited)

❀ ✿ ❀ ~ Eva ~ ✿ ❀ ✿

When I wake up early the next morning, I'm sleeping in my bed and dressed in a large t-shirt that smells like Grayson. My eyes widen slightly as I lift the collar up and inhale, for some reason I find myself enjoying his scent. My wolf stirs and demands me to go on a run.

I shake my head and climb out of bed, and slide open my window. The sky is ever so slightly brighter as I spare a glance at the clock which reads four-thirty am. I sigh and slide out the window, quickly scaling the side of the mansion and landing on the grass below. The grass tickles my feet as I slowly walk toward the trees, which quickly turns into a jog and then into a sprint. Once I'm in the solace of the trees, I strip off Grayson's shirt and tie it to my ankle, shifting into my wolf.

I run for hours, a white blur moving through the trees. When I make my way back to the mansion, the sun is rising. I shift and pull on Grayson's shirt, jogging toward the mansion.

"Oh,"

I jump and skid to a stop, turning to see Andrew standing a few feet away. He blinks a few times and I look down, realizing that I'm still only in a t-shirt, and not to mention, the t-shirt is Grayson's and I'm sure Andrew canould tell.

"Uh," I stammer and swallow my nerves, looking away from him as I palm the back of my neck awkwardly. "Good morning, Alpha Jones, I went on a quick run..."

An awkward silence falls over us as Andrew fails to reply and I realize that his eyes have gone dark, a clear sign that his wolf has taken over. Before I can explain myself, I'm pinned against the side of the mansion, Andrew's face inches away from mine.

"Why are you wearing his shirt?" Andrew's wolf growls in my ear and I let out a growl.

"Let me go, or so help me,"

He snarls in my face, "I am in charge here. Tell me now, why are you wearing another man's shirt?"

I sigh and then quickly bring my knee up, slamming it between his legs. His face fills with pain and he drops to the ground, holding his jewels. I squat down, bringing his face close to mine, "You are not my mate, and I am not yours. You do not own me."

Andrew's wolf growls as I walk away from him and hurry back into the house. I dash upstairs and go into my room, pulling Grayson's shirt off, resisting the urge to sniff it before pulling a workout shirt on. I pull on underwear and some shorts and then walk out of my room.

"Good morning Eva," Grayson's voice makes me look over and I see him stepping out of his room.

I bow my head and turn away, "Morning."

"Sleep well? I heard you wake up a few hours ago."

"Yeah, I went on a run," I murmur and he nods, following me downstairs. His scent fills my nose and my wolf becomes restless. I ignore her as I head outside, ignoring the glare I get from Andrew who limps toward the training area. Most, if not all of my pack is waiting there as Andrew's pack trudges from their pack house, all of them looking half asleep.

I plaster a wide smile onto my face as I stop in front of them, "Good morning, guys and girls!"

My pack greets me just as cheerily and I receive a few groggy good mornings from Andrew's pack. I sigh and put my hand to my ear, "I'm sorry, I must not have heard you! I said: Good morning!"

Andrew's pack perks up slightly, "Morning, Luna Eva."

I nod and look around them, "That's much better. So! Today we are going to spar so I can see how you fight so I can put you into groups based on your current abilities. Everyone from Andrew's pack, please pair up with someone from mine. You have five minutes, go."