Chapter 7

Wattpad wasn't working this morning, I apologise! I hope you enjoy this chapter thoooough :)

"Dan!" Alice called upstairs. Dan walked downstairs and grinned once his eyes laid upon his suitcase. "It's mostly just clothes." Dan nodded, taking the bag upstairs even though it was very heavy. He laid it down on his and Ethan's floor, unzipping it and loving the sight of his own clothes.

As much as he liked Ethan's clothes, they were a bit on the small side.

-

They were all playing Monopoly together and the atmosphere was absolutely amazing. Everyone was giggling and smiling, even Dan who was unusually happy. He was working with Ethan so that Ethan could read out all the cards and things like that. Dan rolled the dice, rolling a seven. He moved his and Ethan's character (the car if you were wondering) the corresponding amount of spaces and landed on a chance space. Ethan picked up the chance card, reading it out to all the other players. "...Pay each player $50!" Everyone laughed as Dan picked up a wad of 50s, dealing them out to every single player. They were running low on money, having bought almost every property they had landed on. Jack had plenty of money but he was lacking properties, the same for everyone else but Dodie who was in the same situation as Dan and Ethan.

He was genuinely having fun, especially when Dodie and Jack were knocked out. He had just purchased hotels for a whole set of properties so he was obviously at an advantage as both Alice and Melissa were approaching Dan's set. Alice rolled a five, landing straight on one of Dan's properties. "How much?!" She asked as Ethan read out the amount for Dan. "I'm bankrupt!"

"Looks like we're winning!" Ethan grinned widely, holding up his hand for Dan to high five. Melissa was their only opponent left and they were only half paying attention, the other half of their attention on their phone. They rolled an eight, just about landing in a safe space.

"Bank pays you $100!" Melissa yelled, happily taking the money and waving it in the air. They added it to their pile of about seven 100s.

Dan and Ethan's go went swiftly as they purchased the last one of the pinks to complete their set. Then Melissa got a double one, landing straight on Park Place. Anyone who knew Monopoly would know that that was in the dark blue set, the most valuable on the board. The hotel sitting on top of it made it probable that Melissa was about to go bankrupt. "$1500!" Melissa's eyes widened and they demanded to see the card for proof. Once they read the number herself, they let out a loud huff, admitting defeat. "We won!" Ethan shouted, grinning at Dan who was grinning back.

Dan felt something. He wasn't sure what it was. It was like a slight nausea in his stomach and it only ever appeared when he looked into Ethan's eyes.

-

"Dan!" Phil screeched as he ran up to his friend, hugging him tightly. "Are you alright?" Dan nodded, hugging back and burying his head into Phil's shoulder. The feeling was back... in his stomach. The one he felt when he looked into Ethan's eyes. What was it? "Can I tell you something?"

Phil looked into Dan's eyes, reaching out to take his hands. When Dan nodded slowly, Phil changed his mind. "Actually, I think it's better, I... uh... show you?" Dan didn't even have time to question Phil's words because the other boy was leaning in and, before he knew it, their lips were touching. When they pulled back, Dan's eyes were open wider than he thought was possible. Phil had gone a dark red colour and was timidly awaiting a sign that Dan loved or hated the kiss.

Then Dan's lips formed a smile and Phil couldn't help but grin back. "Do you want to..." Phil swallowed, kicking at a stone on the ground in nervousness. "I don't know... be my boyfriend?" Dan nodded, blushing intensely before pecking Phil's cheek and running off in the direction of his class.

-

Dan got home, with a giant smile on his face. "What's got you so happy?" Ethan immediately asked, raising his eyebrows. They were both sitting on Ethan's bed, playing Halo again. It had become one of Dan's favourite games even if he was the worst at it. Ethan got so frustrated when Dan died every five seconds and his reactions were the cutest. Dan shook his head, finding it hard to wipe the grin off of his face. Someone actually liked him for once and, honestly, that was the biggest miracle ever.

"Tell me?" Ethan dragged out the 'e' in a whiny voice before shoving Dan slightly when he refused to respond. "Please? I'll be your best friend."

Dan reached out for his notebook and wrote down.

You are my best friend :P

"Really?" Ethan's face lit up which made Dan feel even happier. "Still tell me?"

Just something happened at school...

"What? You need to tell me!" He then pushed Dan again, making Dan fall back onto his back as Ethan hovered over him. Dan's face was going bright red as he looked up into his friend's eyes. His stomach was doing those somersaults again and Dan had finally realised what they meant.

The feeling was telling him he was in love. He felt it with Phil and now Ethan too. Hopefully it could mean he loved Ethan in a friendly way but then again... who was he kidding? He was trying to ignore his feelings for Ethan because he had Phil and he really liked Phil.

Ethan got off of Dan whilst blushing slightly himself and they went back to the game, forgetting about their previous conversation.

I kind of like this chapter ^-^