Chapter 13

Ngl I feel like absolute crap. It's half five in the morning and I have got barely any sleep. As well as that, I'm sick and I just what death

Butttt we hit 1k! That does make me feel a little better so thank you :) I hope you're enjoying this boooook

Friday came quicker than anticipated. Soon enough, Dan and Phil were sitting on the floor in Dan and Ethan's room, a laptop and a book in front of them. Dan was typing it all up, whilst Phil was reading all the notes from his book aloud. Ethan was sitting on the bed, playing Halo as he discreetly watched the pair: he really didn't want Dan to talk to Phil.

Dan began poking Phil's knee after he had started to explain the theme of good and evil. He then reached for his own book and opened it up to the last page, tracing a line with his finger. Phil smiled and nodded, realising he had missed something. "Thanks." He murmured before going back to his own notes.

Not long later, Dan stood up and left the room. Phil didn't think anything of it, assuming he was just going to the bathroom or something. "Phil?" Ethan then muttered, grabbing the other's attention. "I don't want you talking to Dan after this, alright?" His voice was deep and threatening as if Phil's only option was to agree.

"You can't control who he talks to..." Phil replied, making Ethan's eyes widen: he had expected Phil to just go along with it.

"He still likes you which isn't good. He wants to be with me and I don't want you to brainwash him into thinking otherwise."

Phil was about to retort with another comeback but Dan innocently walked into the room, smiling at Ethan who forced a smile back. He sat down and they carried on with the project.

-

"Sweetheart!" Ethan called just after Phil had left. Dan then ran up the stairs, sending him a mean glare and shoving him gently.

"D-Don't call m-me that!" Dan's voice was still shaky but he was getting a lot more confident around Ethan.

"Sweetheart!" He repeated, making Dan pout. Ethan then lent in to give Dan an apologetic kiss but he moved away, still pouting. "I'm sorry, okay? Let me kiss you please?" Dan grinned, turning to face Ethan so they could share a short kiss.

-

They were all eating dinner like a family when Dan's sleeve rolled up slightly. He had long taken off the bandage but he still had deep lines on his arm. He quickly pulled it down, hoping no one had noticed. "Dan," Dodie mumbled, a sad look on her face. "Can I talk to you after dinner?"

Dan looked up and nodded, knowing she had seen them. His stomach did a somersault but it wasn't in the good way- it made him feel sick. He didn't eat much more of his dinner, despite it being pizza, his favourite. He dropped the half eaten slice down onto his plate and stared into space for the rest of the meal.

Everyone quickly left after they were finished but Dodie and Dan stayed behind so they could chat. Dodie was collecting up the plates as she mumbled, "I saw your arm," Dan looked down at his lap, wishing he could explain that it was a onetime thing and he had been in a really bad place but his lips just refused to form the words. "You should talk to someone about it. I've been there and I know it's not nice so please, come and talk to me if you ever need to. I don't want to lose someone else." Dodie's eyes glossed over and Dan realised what she had meant- she had lost someone to suicide before. He stood up as Dodie put the plates into the sink, wrapping his arms tightly around her.

He then found his voice, shakily saying, "D-Don't do it anymore."

"I'm proud of you, Dan," Dodie was smiling softly as they pulled away from the hug. "You're so strong."

-

"What did she want?" Ethan asked, standing beside Dan whose face dropped a little. He shook his head, making Ethan frown. "You do trust me, right?" He nodded, fiddling with the Wii remote in his hand. "Then please tell me? I'm worried about you..." He sounded so sincere, so genuine so Dan held out his right arm, rolling up his sleeve. Ethan's mouth dropped open and his eyes widened as he noticed the red lines. Dan could have sworn he saw his eyes shine, as if filling with tears. "Dan... why?"

"D-Don't do i-it anymore." Dan mumbled, refusing to look at his arm. It just reminded him of bad times and the person who had helped him. He really felt bad for not talking to Phil anymore because he really had been there for him.

"Are you happy with me? Am I good enough for you?" Dan nodded rapidly, kissing his boyfriend's cheek. "I hope so."

I really want a cup of tea to wake me up a little because there's no chance I'm getting back to sleep now but it's 5:30am and everyone is asleep.. :(

Anyways! I hope you all slept well and that you have a good day today!