Chapter 4 - Insane

Y'ALLLLLL JARED IS MAKING HIS POV DEBUT IN MY BOOK YAS

--------------------------

Jared's POV

-------------------

Waiting.

Waiting for Evan to call me.

So much has happened.

I need to get out of this place. It's toxic.

Ring

Ring

Ring

I frantically scramble across my dark green room in attempt to reach my phone, where it was perched on my desk; charging so that I can talk with Evan for as long as I can rant for.

Which will unfortunately be a long time.

I feel bad, I don't like pestering Evan with my problems. He's only been gone for 4 days and we haven't had the chance to talk yet. So, we agreed to FaceTime today and I can meet his new–friends.

Huh, it feels weird to say that word.

But it feels good to call Evan one.

I'm snapped out of my trance as the call finally connects and I see Evan, smiling and very energetic.

With a girl lying next to him.

A gorgeous girl.

"Um–Jared?" He laughs, "Dude, uh... hello? Jared?" He started to freak out.

"J-Jared? Did I-I do something wrong?"

The girl looks concerned; glancing at Evan and then at me through the camera screen.

"What?" I say, snapping out of the moment, "Yeah–yeah, I mean, no–you didn't do anything wrong. I just, uh, my phone was glitching." I lie, hoping Evan won't see through it.

"O-oh! Jared this is Y/N. Y/N, this is Jared, my best friend from Maryland." (A/N MY FRIEND JOEY WAS SITTING AT THE FRONT ROW AT DEH AND WHEN EVAN DROPS THE NOTE CARDS ONE FELL IN HIS LAP AND IT WAS ALL ABOUT SUICIDE PREVENTION IN MARYLAND SO BOOM DEH IS SET THERE IT'S CONFIRMED)

She smiles with teeth as bright as snow. "Uh—hi!" She beams.

"Greetings and salutations." I reply.

JESUS FUCK JARED.

DID YOU JUST QUOTE J.D.?

I'm about to apologize for quoting a fucking musical character, but not before I see her face light up.

"Oh my god! You like Heathers?!" She exclaims, snatching Evan's phone from his hand and shoving him off the bed.

"Ow! Y/N! T-that hurt!" He whines.

"Shush. You know you love me."

I hear Evan sigh from off camera and Y/N glances at him, her face instantly softening, as if she is looking at the most... beautiful thing ever. Like she is in awe, wanting to capture every bit of him.

I feel a pang of jealousy.

"Do you like flowers?" I blurt out, causing her to rip her eyes away from Evan and to his phone.

"Um, what?"

I feel my chest tighten and I inhale a quick breath.

"Uh—n-no—I..."

I don't know what to do.

Without thinking, I hit the red button on the bottom of my screen.

Nice going, Jared.

I didn't even have time to rant.

---------time skip brought to you by will roland wanting to be in newsies---------

Jared's POV

-------

My parents brought me downstairs, apparently wanting to "talk".

I sit at the perfectly straight table, sitting upright and adjusting my glasses on my nose; folding my hands and uncrossing my legs.

"Son, you aren't doing good in school. We expected nothing but A's from you, and you have a D in Chemistry!" My father impatiently says.

"Okay, dad, but–" I start, but I'm cut off by my father.

"Do NOT call me that! You know it is always "sir" when you are addressing someone of more importance of you!" He rages, making me flinch, causing my glasses to slip down one side of my nose, "And fix your damn glasses."

I sigh and look down before pushing up my glasses.

"I talked to Evan today." I mumble.

"What was that? We taught you never to mumble. Speak up, goddammit!" My father exasperates.

"I talked to Evan today." I say, terrified.

"Oh! How are they?" My mom finally decided to pitch into the conversation.

"Uh–good, I guess."

"Speak up, boy!"

"They are doing well."

The table is silent before my mom adds, "We should go visit them soon. The drive isn't too far. How about this weekend?"

My face molds into a smile and I quickly nod, happy that I get to see my best and only friend in person.

Huh, I guess it won't be long after all.

-----------------------------

HAAHAHAHAH WHAT IS AN UPDATE

THIS IS SHORT SRY

THANKS FOR READING

I LOVE YOU ALL

PM ME IF YOU WANNA TALK

SINCERELY,

HAILS