Newblood

1st Person POV

I would be lying if I told you I DIDN'T have Silver abilities and DIDN'T work for the Scarlet Guard. A while ago, the Scarlet Guard was making there way to the Lakelands and found me on the border. Well, they didn't actually find me, I ran into them and knocked Kilorn out.

"Oh my god, oh my god, is he going to be okay?" I panted, checking both of the man's wrists for a pulse.

Nobody came over to help me, which I found that a little ridiculous since they were a group of people together who had to be friends. When I turned around to face the other people, they just stared at me.

One of them, a girl, took a step towards me, but I panicked and jumped somewhere else since I'm a Jumper. I ended up in a tree, above everybody and where they couldn't touch me.

"Are you guys going to check on your friend, or are yea going to kill me? Because if you are, at least give me a ten second head start." I said to them and looked back at the poor boy I ran into.

"No, no, no," the girl said, "we—it's— you're a Jumper just . . . just like Shade." She mumbled to no one in particular, but it almost sounds like she's going to cry. "I'm sorry," she sniffled, "Imma General Farley and we are the Scarlet Guard, we are not going to hurt you."

"Um, is your friend going to be alright?" I ask again, because I really think I knocked him out cold.

"Kilorn? He'll be fine, promise. Now, will you come down, please?" General Farley asks me.

The next thing I know, I'm on solid ground again. The only difference is that I'm in front of a really tall man. He has a shark jawline, a little stubble on the end of his chin, and has lots of muscles. "I-I am sorry, Mister, sir . . . prince? Oh god, I'm so sorry your highness! My-my Jumping isn't under control and I-I just found out I had these a couple days ago."

The prince smiles down at me, "she's a keeper."

A couple of weeks go by and I was able to take control over my jumping abilities. Not a day goes by when I don't apologize to Kilorn for knocking him out.

It was only recently when I heard of what Maven has done, my town is very poor and we don't have much there. Here's where I am going to be honest, what Maven is doing about kidnapping us, Newbloods, is horrible, but sometimes you have to admit, he's pretty to look at. And if I told somebody that, I would be done for, so my little secret is going to stay a secret.

The Scarlet Guard ended up taking me on their next adventure, it was either that or leaving me behind on one of the jets. We were out to find another Newblood, one that Julian Jacos found a while ago.

Cal instructed me to hang around the tree and see if anybody was near. I always stayed ten feet in front of them, making sure Maven or any Silvers were here first.

We all got to the edge of the town, ready to find our mystery person. I only with that's how it went. These Samos siblings seemed to have been waiting for us when we arrived, but they were hiding so I didn't see them, nor did I know who they were. But they are Silvers, and where there is Silvers, there's Maven.

I stayed up in the trees while I watched Cal, Farley, Cameron and a couple other Newbloods begin to fight them off. Nobody ever taught me how to fight and these people knew what they were doing, so Imma just chill up in the trees.

A hand wrapped around my mouth as I let out a scream. I was being pulled back into the forest with another person's hand on my mouth and around my waist. Who the hell?

I was able to jump to the ground, away from that nasty person, but I did jump in the wrong place at the wrong time. As soon as I touched the ground, I was knocked out by a strong force of . . . something. I don't know what that something is, but it knocked me out cold. The last thing I remember hearing was a faint "Y/N, where did she go?" From Cal, or was it Farley?