The Past Lingers

A/N 

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR NOT UPDATING!

Alex POV

Thomas has changed since middle school hes being nice to me and... I think its genuine. Course, I'ď seen him on TV and he seemed kinder, but everyone on TV is putting on a facade.

We are actually making great conversation, though. I mean, I guess some change is expected after 8 years but he has become the complete opposite of the boy he was in middle school. Maybe Thomas' facade extends beyond TV.

He was lanky and rude. Mean and unsympathetic.                                                                                       
Now hes tall and built. Caring and kind. And as much as I want to be friends with this 'new' and seemingly improved Thomas, I cant get the Images out of my head.
Images of old Thomas and the things he put me through I cant shut out the fear in the back of my mind that all of this is another goddammed joke.

"Alex?" Thomas says staring at me with a concerned expression plastered upon his face.
"Yeah" I respond in what I hope is a nonchalant tone, but I think it came out more defensive.
" Are you okay? You kinda spaced out a bit." Thomas says chuckling awkwardly.
" Oh I-I um i'm sorry I didn't uhh"  I stutter searching aimlessly for something to respond with. Thomas cuts me off my connecting our lips.

For a second its perfect. I melt into the kiss. Everything is storybook practice, enemies make up and fall in love. Then he comes back. Old Thomas, new Thomas? I dont even know who Thomas is.

Memories of the side of Thomas I do know circulate my mind.
Plaguing every corner of my thought. My eyes fly open and I shove him away from me.
Sprinting down the hall and into the unoccupied bedroom. 

What the fuck was that?

Thomas POV

Alex seems to be warming up to me.

We're joking like old friends and laughing as if the past  doesn't  exist.  Alex furrows his eyebrows and stares blankly at the wall. "Alex?" I say trying to gain his attention. "Yeah." He says quickly, shifting away from me.

"Are you okay? You kinda spaced out a bit." I say, laughing forcibly.

" Oh I-I um i'm sorry I didn't uhh" He says, frantically, turning beet red. He looks so adorable in this flustered state its hard to control myself. After 8 years of telling myself I had moved on, one day has brought all of the feelings of my past back. I cant help it. I lean in slowly and Alexanders soft lips interlock with mine.

 To my surprise he seems to be kissing back until I feel a strong shove to my chest and see Alex running toward his room.

What the fuck was that, Thomas?

A/N 

I know its short but I wanted to leave it on a cliff hanger but I can go back to updating daily now sooooooooo yeah.