Chapter four

It was now the end of the school year which means summer vacation. Jason and I decided to go visit Jem and Aaron for the summer. Aaron and I were planning his proposal and decided that this summer he will do it. We arrived at the hotel early in the week so we could have plenty of time to relax. When we arrived Jem was so excited to see us again. As soon as we arrived she pulled Jason aside to talk privately. I was a little put off since they have been talking to each other a lot recently and he's been getting distant. I looked over at Aaron. 

"So how is everything with Jem?" I asked him. He smiled. 

"Everything is great, things couldn't be more perfect these days. I love her so much, more than anyone else" He gazed over at her while she was whispering to Jason. 

"Do you know why she randomly dragged him away so fast?" I asked him and he shrugged. 

"No clue but hey, don't worry. He loves you more than anything" That made me smile. Earlier this week Jason and I finally told each other that we loved each other. It was quite cute, he was super nervous. Jason and Jem came back a few moments later. 

"Okay let's get you guys checked in!" Jem said while running over to the reception desk. 

"What was all that about?" I asked Jason while he wrapped his arms around me. He cupped my cheeks. 

"Nothing to worry about, she just needed to talk to me. Now let's go get a room so I can cuddle you" He said while pecking my lips. I smiled and him while walking to the reception with him. Why won't he tell me what's been going on? Jem picked out our rooms. My room was next to Jason's since Jem doesn't want us to share a room. We went to our separate rooms and started unpacking. The room was very nice, it was simple with a double bed, nice living space, and a kitchen. After we finished settling in Aaron decided that we should go for a swim at his favorite place, right beside the ocean. I got dressed in my purple bikini and Jem in her red one. The boys were wearing the same pair of shorts with no shirts. We left our room and went to the beach. Once we arrived Aaron and Jem went swimming together while I was applying suncream with Jason's help. I wasn't talking with Jason and he could sense something was wrong. 

"Babe are you mad at me? You haven't said much to me since we arrived" Jason asked me with sad eyes. I was indeed mad at him, he refuses to tell me why he is so close to Jem these days. 

"Yes, I am. You ran off with Jem and then you refuse to explain why. Do you not want to be with me anymore?" I looked at him and he was shocked by my reaction. He grabbed my hands. 

"What makes you think that? Ella, I promise you I love you and nothing will change that" He looked deeply into my eyes. I gave him a sad smile. 

"I believe you but why are you closer to Jem these days? Why all the secrets and the private talks" I asked him. He smiled at me adoringly. I definitely don't want to believe that he is unfaithful but what else can I possibly think. 

"Ella I can't tell you what is going on right now but I promise you I will explain in due time. Just know that nothing bad is happening. Now let's go swimming with the other" He kissed my head and we went swimming. I don't like all these secrets but if it's nothing terrible then I can understand his reasoning. After swimming for a while we all went back to the towels to sit and chat. 

"So Ella, now that you've finished school what are you going to do?" Jem asked me. I smiled at her. 

"Well, first I'm just going to enjoy my summer vacation. After that, I'm really not sure. I don't really have an idea for my future" I told her and she nodded. About a half-hour later we went back to our rooms for a while before dinner. I changed into more formal clothes and then we decided to go out and eat at the hotel's restaurant. We sat at a table together and ordered steak for dinner. Aaron brought me aside to talk about his proposal. 

"So Ella I want to propose to Jem soon. I need your help. Got any pointers?" Aaron asked me. 

"Did you have any ideas? Anything that we can start at?" I asked him and shook his head. 

"Nothing really, I'm not the most romantic person," He told me and I can completely agree on that. 

"Okay well do you happen to have a special place with Jem?" I've never really planned a proposal before but I will do my best to help him. 

"Yes, our special rock by the ocean. It's the place where we first confessed our love and kissed for the first time" He explained with a look of pure adoration in his eyes. I started to come up with a plan. 

Chapter four is done. It is now summer and Aaron will be proposing soon. Also what is happening with Jason and Jem? I hope you enjoyed.

~Jess