Chapter 4: Friendly Introductions

The day was so warm. Temperatures like this happened in California but only during the peak of summer. In Australia, the temperature was warm enough to be by the pool for most of the year with only a few months in summer being slightly cooler.

After a few minutes of relaxing by the pool, Tayla broke the silence.

"So...Will where are you from? You just moved here right?" Tayla said

"Ok Tayla, haha yeah new in town. Well, the country actually. The fam just moved here from Cali for dads new job." Will replied

"Ooo the big califor-n-i-a haha. That's so cool I've never been there but really wanna go" she said excitedly "please don't tell me you are one of those tik-tok guys haha"

"Pshh of course you'd say that. Just lucky I wasn't doing one of the dances filming when the snake chased you. Wouldnt have been able to save you" Will said sarcastically followed by a wink.

"haha, I still would've run inside with or without you. Can't hold me back" she said playfully

"Oh is that right! Pshh you got off lucky this time. I'm keeping the gate locked from now on"

They both bursted out laughing. Despite the awkward way they met, Will found tranquillity around Tayla. She had this kind of aura of peace and friendly nature, the type where you don't feel time moving by and no question seems off-limits. The friend you just met but feel like you've known them forever.

"What about you? How long have you been on the Coast?" Will said

"Well I was born on the coast and basically lived in that white beachouse next door. Been here all my life." Tayla replied

"Do you sur-". Will's question was cut off by the sound of a voice in the distance coming from inside the house getting louder and louder. It was his Mum, calling out. Moments later she emerged out onto the deck.

"Oh, there you are! How's the pool?" She called out.

"Yeah, it's pretty good. Perfect day for it" Will replied

"Looks like you are making friends already" His Mum said

"Sorry, yes Mum this is Tayla, Tayla this is my Mum" He replied

Tayla gave a nervous wave as she gazed at Will's mum.

"Anyways I'll leave you to it. Enjoy. Don't forget to use sunscreen Will" She said as she walked inside.

Will rolled his eyes in embarrassment. Ofcourse his mum would embarrass him like that, how old does she think he is. To top it off she just had to say it in front of Tayla, quite possibly one of the most attractive girls he has ever met. Despite the embarrassment, they continued tanning, taking intermittent breaks jumping in the pool and splashing each other. 

Tayla's phone screen lit up followed by a loud ping sound. It was her Dad texting her to say he's staying late at work, can she walk the dogs today and start dinner. This was not unlike her Dad, he was everything she could have asked for of a father. He worked hard for the family to give them an amazing life however sometimes maybe he worked a little too hard.

"It's my dad. He's staying back late at work. I better head off" Tayla said in a disappointed tone.

"True true. All good, I'm sure I will see you around... hopefully" He replied

"I'm glad we met today, I had a fun time and I hope we can hang out more"

"Yeah me too. It was a weird way to meet someone but hey the world works in weird ways"

"Haha see ya Will! and oh by the way welcome to Australia" she said as she walked out the gate.

'The world works in weird ways', what was he thinking. It is true but it's quite possibly one of the worst lines to say to someone you just met. He dried himself with a towel and made his way inside to catch up with his parents. Tayla was something special. Those ocean eyes, that sandy blonde hair, that cute smile. Tayla was definitely a friend and possibly even something more. Time will tell, but Will had his intentions already mapped out in his mind.

--------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

Shoutout to all my dedicated followers. If you liked the story please leave a review or comment and vote the chapter