Chapter 6: The Suprise

As they drove home the excitement in the car was buzzing through Will's mind.There was a distinct thrill in the air that they could both feel, almost like there was this force pumping raw energy and natural tingling of excitement around their bodies unable to be contained. Finally after a short trip home that felt like hours of anticipation they pulled into Tayla's driveway and the car came to a stop.

"Follow me" she said as she jumped excitedly out of the car

She made her way down the side of the house following a pebble-stone pathway, Will following closely behind. Will was quite impressed at the beauty of the place, with gardens on either side, small palms arching overhead creating a shelter from the sky, and so much greenery and colourful plants. He had seen parts of her house from the beach and from his balcony however this was all new territory to him, sheltered from his neighbouring house.

They arrived in the backyard where there lay a long outdoor patio area in the corner, only accessible by crossing the wooden bridge over the pool. In the corner of the patio was an outdoor pergola complete with wooden floors. There was a built in BBQ with some other cabinetry alongside some outdoor rattan furniture consisting of, some tables and chairs. The bridge could draw anyones attention, water falling down in a blue curtain on either side, creating a waterfall. To top of the beauty of the backyard, the pool was specially crafted to look like a beach, water gradually sloping deeper as the water gets deeper with tropical palms surrounding the pool.

Tayla lead the way over the bridge looking over her should to make sure Will was still following, crossing the bridge and stopping beside a small surf rack alongside the pergola.

"Ok surprise time. Close your eyes" Tayla said eagerly

Moments later I heard her come back.

"Okay no peeking mister" she said 

"Haha I know I know" Will said with a slight smirk 

"Hold your hands out" said Tayla

He held his hands out expecting there to be something small like a chocolate or something leaving him surprised when the item in his hands was much more bigger and heavier than a mere chocolate.

"Ok you can open them now" said Tayla excitedly

Glancing down at his hands, Will's jaw dropped. It was a surfboard! Tayla had given him one of her surfboards to use. It was a brand new board with a tri-fin thruster setup. On the top was a blue legrope and grip pad. Flipping the board over, Will's jaw dropped even lower when he saw the graphics it was a large wave barreling right on the shore-line like he had seen on The North Shore of Hawaii in surf videos, with a large carving into the sand below reading The Sandy Surfer.

"The sandy surfer?" Will read aloud, perplexed to what it meant. Don't surfers go in the ocean he thought? How did the sand relate, despite his confusion he tried to keep his enthusiasm.

"So do you like it?" Tayla said still holding the biggest grin on her face

"Do I? That's not even a question! I love it! Can't wait to give it a go in the water" he instantly replied back 

"I mean... the pool is there if you want to try her out? That is what you mean right?" she said back winking

"Haha shhh! You know what I mean" he snapped back

"Also not sure if it makes sense but...you're the sandy surfer. I just thought that you wish you could surf but can't so just mind surf the waves from the beach."

"Yea true, i've always been keen to try just never got round to it" he said still staring deeply at the board taking in all of its beauty.

Tayla reached out and hugged Will tightly dripping in happiness and excitement. She pulled away.

"Oh right right, too busy socialising hey... mr popular" she said back

Immediately after she stopped talking Will placed the board down on the floor and quickly spun around sweeping her off her feet and throwing her over his shoulder heading straight for the pool.

-------------------------------------- 

Hope you enjoyed.

Leave a comment and fave if you liked it :) 

Remember to go for a surf and always have fun with it.