Chapter 13.

Man it was good to be at the end of the week. Finally it's Friday and I had a perfect start to the day. The competition seems like it'll be something fun to do even though I'm quite nervous. I still don't know if Tayla was being serious or just messing around about the whole thing. Oh well, it's something new and i'm just trying to fit in and make friends so I guess I will just go with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*at Sunnygate High*

As I walked through the gates I saw the typical stuff. To the left by the bag racks the nerds crowding around their phones, the indie ones just chillin sitting on the floor talking about festivals and how rad their weekend was. All these people in their groups just trying to fit in..... trying to fit in. If only they knew how hard it was for me. An outsider from America, but hey at least I made a best friend which is more than anything I could ask for. Walking towards the lockers I found Tayla and her group and gave them a wave and said I'll be over once I put my books in my locker.

After I put my books away saw something out the corner of my eye down the hallway. It took my eyes a few moments to adjust to the brightness of the dimly lit hallway, but when I realised what I saw I was shocked. It was the girl from the party making out with some other guy. Amy I think her name was. Tayla saw me looking down the hallway and quickly jumped up and came over and hugged me.

"Good morning for the 2nd time Mr" she giggled"hey....." I muttered back"You alright? Everything ok?" she said as she looked into my eyes trying to scan my emotions"yea just... ah its nothing" I said

Tayla followed where my eyes were before and saw that I was looking at Amy kissing and seemed as though she felt sorry for me.

"You do know all the girls were talking about you this morning" she smiled"oh really? haha why? what they say?" I snapped back instantly losing focus of Amy"yea Amy said you were ......" Tayla said and blushed"I was what? haha cmon tell me tell me" I quickly said"she said you were..... good at kissing ahah" said Tayla while laughing"I am?... whoa maybe it comes naturally I guess?" I said kind of surprised but impressed"Yea maybe you are....." she said slowly and suggestively then hugged me

I just accepted the hug and thought nothing of the comment Tayla just made. Yea maybe you are.... Is that some way of how girls flirt? I couldn't tell. During the hug I looked over Tayla's shoulder and at the same time Amy opened her eyes from the kiss and our eyes met from afar and suddenly she was shocked. I could tell by the emotion on her face she was embarrassed and broke away from the kiss and ran away into the distance followed closely by the boy still unaware of what just happened. We broke away from the hug and made our way back towards the table where all Tayla's friends were sitting.

"Hey!" "How's mr pro kisser" "what's cookin good lookin" I heard from all different ends of the table.

"hahaha yea how was the kiss from Amy at the party" Tayla joking said joining in the fun"hmm lovely weather today isnt it" I quickly snapped back joking as I looked out towards the grassy ovals. All the girls and even some of the guys broke out in a big laugh. The school bell rang with a loud alarming sound and everyone started standing up from the old metal bench to go get their books. As I started walking away someone grabbed my arm.

"Will come see this quick, before class" Tayla said still holding my arm "alright alright but I don't want to be late" "oh stop being such a drama queen haha" she said as she guided my around a corner to where there was a flyer on a wall.

LOCAL SURF COMP

MUST COMPETE IN TEAMS OF 2

PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED

COMP ON THIS SUNDAY

SIGN UP BELOW

"Look Will it's the competiton ive been talking about!" said Tayla"oh yea yea I see" "can we do it? can we sign up now pleaseeeee""mmmm I don't know if I should, I mean im not that good""well look at the time it's 8:32.... wouldn't want to be late now would you" Tayla said while smirking"fine ok ok, put our names down and let's go to class already""haha I knew you couldn't resist" We both laughed and Tayla filled our details out on the flyer.Off to class we went

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh man it was good to be home at last. Finally weekend and time to relax. I threw my bag on my bed and opened Netflix on my laptop as I let out a big sigh of relief. Time flew by and before I knew it I had fallen asleep. Next thing I knew I was awaken by a text.

Hey! Meet me on the sand out at 5:30 sharp :) I got a surprise for you.

- Tayla :)

——————————————-

Hey everyone! Hope you're all enjoying it so far! :)Keep surfing and doing your thing and having fun.Like, comment and rate haha I Appreciate it and thanks so much for reading.

Im doing a new thing where "~" means time passed, and "-" means end of chapter haha just incase your unsure. Hope it makes it easier to read.

Cya soon :)

———————————————