14 - Happy New Year

"So...she replaced us with Undertale."

"Luci what?" Michael said, confused.

"Go reread the end of the last chapter," Luci said. "Duh. I mean, even go look at that Undertale fic she has on Ao3."

Michael just rolled his eyes and Jaz appeared, throwing a book at Luci's head.

"Shush," she said. "I've been busy okay?"

"It's Christmas," Luci said. "Literally over half a year since you've updated. What the hell are you doing?"

Jaz sighed, sitting down. "Stuff happened okay? Fanfic worlds and relationships are perfect but things don't work like that in the real world."

"But technically you're in a fanfiction right now," Luci said.

"I will throw another book at you," she threatened.

~~

"Are you kidding me?" Luci asked while grabbing the squiggles. "Just finish the damn chapter would you? Now we can't say it's Christmas."

Jaz sighed deeply, and looked out her window. Then she closed her eyes and snapped her fingers.

Michael and Luci appeared in a city bustling with people. As in, the streets were literally filled, how did anyone expect to drive through this.

"Well then," Luci said, looking around. "Where are we?"

"Melbourne I think," Michael said. "See, there's the Yarra River."

"Yarra...what a weird name," Luci murmured. "Now why are we here?"

Michael looked at the time on his phone. "Huh. Two minutes until 2018."

"What?" Luci asked, very eloquently.

"She's put us in real time," Michael said. "Or well, close to real time."

"She's already in 2018," Luci pointed out, then whispered dramatically. "Is she time travelling?"

"Not unless she has a Tardis," Michael said.

The author suddenly stopped.

The author suddenly thought about what she'd just thought.

The author decided to write in a Tardis in the next chapter. Let's bring Superwholock into this.

"So," Michael said as they hit one minute to midnight. "I guess that's another year gone."

"Good riddance," Luci scoffed.

"Hey there were a lot of good things," Michael said, punching Luci lightly on the shoulder. "For Jaz too."

"Nah she'll like next year better," Luci said.

Jaz disagreed, looking at the calendar showing the first of January in that dreaded year.

A countdown suddenly started, coming from pretty much everyone in the city.

10, 9, 8

"Maybe there'll be more chapters next year," Luci said.

7, 6, 5

"Maybe the chapters will be a decent length," Michael said, looking at the word count of this chapter.

4, 3

"Hey Mikey, it's almost midnight."

2

Michael smiled softly at his boyfriend.

1

Luci pulled him in for a kiss as the countdown hit zero, and fireworks started bursting into the sky as cheers came from all around them. All in all, not a bad way to end the year.

~~

This is really short, I know. And it's been ages, I know

But HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!! I originally tried to write this on Christmas, but I guess that just didn't happen. I've been busy, working a bunch to pay off my car so when I turn 18 very soon I can actually drive places.

Anyway, I hope everyone's had a good year, and I hope the next year is even better :)

*Gives pie and cake and cookies*