Math Vs. Civics: The Real Debate

Barr's Pov/

"What are you talking about?! Math is so much better than Civics!" I said throwing my arms out.

"Jon, you have it all wrong." Matt said standing up. We were sitting on the floor with pillows under us.

"You see," he started. He quickly moved over to the tv that had the news channel on. "All of this? This is Civics. All of it."

"That's just current events." I said throwing his words down.

"Just current events. Just current events? Current events are the foundation of tomorrow, Jon!" Matt exclaimed.

"So is math." I said in a cocky tone.

"Oh please, I could go a day without doing math. It's not like it's a life line."

My eyes went wide. "Matt, you have it all wrong you see, the correct thing is: You're wrong, I'm right." I said. "And that's not true, you do math everyday without realizing it. E-v-e-r-y day." I said crossing my legs.

"Nah, no no no. You have it all wrong. Without math, Civics couldn't exist-Wait wait no. No, forget I said that, because I didn't!" Matt said stopping.

"Ha! You said it! You can't deny it now!" I said standing up.

"I didn't say shit! You can't prove it!" Matt said walking towards me.

I stood there as he got closer to me, why is he so beautiful? I could just push him up against the wall, but I know he'll enjoy that too much.

"Okay." I said simply.

"What?" Matt asked confused.

"I said okay."

"No, no, no. This is not how this is supposed to work, that's not fun!" Matt said like a child.

"Well, I'm sorry Mr. Grownup, how is it supposed to go?" I asked putting my hands on my hips.

"Well, we're supposed to fight and be mad and all that cliché, childish stuff." Matt said running through the sentence.

"So, like a fight? But we disagree on something, that's okay, it's fine to have a different opinion." I said in an easy tone.

"Are you saying my opinion doesn't matter? Are you just saying that so we can move on?" Matt asked. I knew where this was going, like on of those romantic books that end up with makeup sex. Matt wanted it, and I was willing to play along.

"Yeah, I am saying that. I'm also saying that math is way more important than civics." I said moving away.

"Okay, fine. Name when I use math everyday." Matt said.

"To change the tv channel. You need to know that the numbers three and two make thirty-two." I said picking up the tv remote.

"Name when I use civics everyday."

"You..you uhh..to-to. Ya know..whenever like you do and..well like-like. Come on John! That's not fare!" Matt said stuttering. He clearly didn't have a good point, with nothing to back it up.

"John, that's really not fare." Matt said whining.

"Don't whine like that. Just emit you're wrong." I said walking back towards him. I cupped my hands to his face.

"Nah, I'm good." Matt said picking me up.

"Matthew! Stop this! This isn't fare now!"

"Sorry, did you say something?" Matt asked setting me down on the couch.

"I hate you."

Matt pinned me down, asshole.

"Matt, pleaseeee." I said whining.

"Just calm down, Johnathan." Matt said.

My face was painted red by that name, what an asshole.

Time skip cause I'm mean, don't worry tho, the Valentine's Day one will be juicy. Promise🤚🏻

Humbert's POV/

John and I sat on the couch. We were watching Star Wars. Why? I have no idea. But John enjoys them, so I can put up with it.

Haha, sorrrry I was going to do something different, but I'm saving that for the next part😊
Thanks for 400+