Lover Boy

Barr's Pov/

Valentine's Day. A romantic day spent with your partner. My favorite day, with my favorite person.

Humbert's Pov/

John walked into work today really excited, god knows why. He waved at me when I walked past him in the hall. The smile on his face was indescribable, words would only insult it.

When I got to my office I received a text from John.

J: Can't wait to spent the night with you 😎

Matthew: What's so special about tonight?

J: I love it when you act dumb

Matthew: Ohh, okay thanks¿

I closed my phone and made my way to my 7/8 class.

"Good afternoon everyone, today we are going to continue with current events." I said to my 7/8 class.

"Mr. Humbert, what did you get for Valentine's Day?" I heard one of my students ask.

"Valentines Day? I uhh, yeah I got something." Valentine's Day, I forgot. John is going to be so pissed! That's why he texted me saying that.

"Just...just uhh work on current events for today and..and everything is fine because..because I still have time to get..him a gift." I said whispering, I could see how confused the students were.

Barr's Pov/

I love it when Matt plays dumb like that. Trying to act like he doesn't know what's going on.

I was going to surprise Matt with a white rose, I would have to make it before my 7/8 class realized where I had gone or that I was even gone.

I hid the small bouquet under my desk, half white half red and two pink. I grabbed one of the white roses and quickly headed out the door, hopefully no one saw. I had the students working on a packet to keep them busy.

Walking two doors down to Matt's room, I quietly put the rose on the floor and knocked on the door. With no one noticing, I walked back to my room.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket.

Matt: Did you leave a white rose outside my room?

J: That or someone else is in love with you that I don't know of...?

Matt: Never, I'm all yours.

What a sweetheart, even though he's such a though guy, he can still be this big teddy bear.

Humbert's Pov/

A teddy bear! But not like one of those lame tiny ones , one of those huge ones.

I went on Walmart's online website so see if they had any left.

"Bingo" I said to myself when I saw they still had some on the big teddy bears. I clicked order and had it shipped to the school. (Who knew an extra $50 bucks could get it here in an hour)

After school...cause like I have no idea what else to write yay!

I quickly put the bear in John's desk chair when he was out of his room in period 12.

I heard him walk past my door, the steps quickly stopped.

"Matthew," it was John, and he sounded quite mad.

"What is today?"

"Uhh, February 14th..?" I said sinking into my chair.

Shit..he knew..he knew...

"And you know what that means right?"

"Uhh.."

"It's Valentines Day! Happy Valentines Day, Matt!" John said pulling out a whole thing of roses and a small box.

Okay, well he didn't know then.

I was shocked, I was ready for him to yell.

"H-happy Valentines Day." I said grabbing the roses and box.

"I-I umm Uhh, your gift is in your room. It's for you, cause it's Valentine's Day if you didn't know." I said standing up to go to his room.

"Oh! What is it! What is it?" John asked running to his room like a child.

"Hhhh! Matthew! You didn't, I love it!" John said hugging me tightly.

John ran to his chair and got the bear, he lifted it up and hugged it. I could only see his legs.

"Open yours!" John said with a mouth full of fur.

The box was a matte black that had a small gray bow tied around it. A tag, that read:

If only you knew how much the moon misses the sun when it goes down..

Happy Valentines Day,
Johnathan.

I smiled. Cute. I opened the box slowly. There was a silver ring in it. On the inside of the boxes lid it said it was a promise ring.

"Where's the other?" I asked still looking at the ring.

John cleared his throat to get me to look up. He had his hand on the air. On his finger, the other sliver ring.

"Mine says kitten on the inside of it." John said.

I picked my sliver ring up.

"We the people love you" I said reading the writing on the ring.

"I love you, Matt."

"I love you too John."

Sooooooooo.....happy very very very very late Valentine's Day!! Sorry it's so late, wish I had a good excuse but I don't.