~ 9 ~

Lee Eunji

A few seconds after Jin left the room, I heard a strange low groan coming from Taehyung's direction. Curious, I turned my attention away from the door and focused it on Taehyung, who was now just waking up. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times before letting out a yawn as he lifted his head off the bed. He looked as if he was still asleep and his hair was literally all over the place.

"Good morning sleepy head," I laughed, slightly leaning forwards as I stretched my hands out and ran my fingers through his messy hair, messing up his hair even more. Taehyung let out a frustrated groan as he swatted my hand away. Suddenly, Taehyung paused before doing a double take, his eyes widening when he saw that I fully wide awake and well.

"Eunji! You're awake!" Taehyung cried out in surprise as he hastily stood up, pushing the chair that he was sitting on out from underneath him. The chair toppled over and fell to floor with a loud clatter as he leaned forwards and tightly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a warm embrace. I smiled and slowly brought my hands around, wrapping them around his waist before burying my face in his chest as he began whispering in my ear.

"You have no idea how concerned I was when the doctor said you almost died... I was worried that you would leave me behind forever, that I wouldn't be able to see you smile again and that I would've never been able to tell you the things I always wanted to tell you..." Taehyung rambled on as tears beginning to stream down his face. I sighed, slightly shaking my head before pulling away from Taehyung's tight embrace.

"You don't have to worry about me anymore Taehyung. I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon," I said with a reassuring smile. I slowly reached up and cupped Taehyung's face, using my thumb to wipe away Taehyung's tears. Taehyung weakly smiled as he placed his big hand on top of mine, gently massaging it before pulling them down while staring at me with a soft look in his eyes.

"Eunji... I have something I want to tell you. It's something I've been wanting to say to you for the longest time now," Taehyung whispered, tears still streaming down his cheeks, which were now bright red color. He quickly backed away, putting a little bit of space between and, using his sleeve, wiped away the rest of his tears before opening his mouth.

"Lee Eunji... I love you. I love you so much that words can't even begin to describe how I feel towards you. I love the way you make me feel when I am with you, I love how you always make me smile, even when I'm having a bad day, and I can't imagine a day without you in my life," Taehyung confessed as his face flushed a bright red. As I listened to his confession, I could feel my heart racing and decided that now was a good time to confess to him.

"Taehyung... I-I have something to say as well," I confessed, biting down on my lips as Taehyung glanced up at me with a curious look on his face. "I love you too. I love the fact that you'll always be there when I need you to be, that you always seem to know what I need. I love your ability to make me feel better when times are tough and that you're always there to support me. I know we're still only in high school and we still have our whole life in front of us but that really doesn't matter to me. I love you Taehyung and there's nothing more that I want than to spend the rest of my life with you."

"If that's what you want then why don't we?" Taehyung said with a smirk as he leaned forwards, closed his eyes and kissed me right on the lips.