Chapter 6 - Deja vu

***

"Has anyone heard of the international dateline?" Miss Tutweiller asked the class but everyone was silent. So I decided to raise my hand. "oh Mara." She called on me.

"It's an imaginary line created in 1884, to the east of which the day is a day earlier than it is to the west. So when you cross the dateline, you have to turn your clocks back 24 hours, a full day." I paused and she gave me an amazed look. "Correct?" I asked in kinda an annoyed tone but not on purpose. she nodded her head.

"That works for me.If tomorrow is gonna be today again, then today is actually yesterday, which means that yesterday's homework isn't due today.It's really due tomorrow." Zack explained.

"in other words he didn't do his homework." I said.

"Yet." he said.

***

Cody's P.O.V.

"Dude, you're crying. Chick flick marathon or cooking with onions?" I rushed into Zack's cabin after I couldn't breath in my own. where I found Zack at his desk and Mara on his bed helping him with his homework.

" Neither. Woody has been cutting the cheese for the past hour." I responded.

"is that what we smelled, we thought it was just the ocean." Mara said.

"Our room is filled with noxious gas. One spark and the entire ship could blow up." I told them.

"It better not, I'm DJing the dance tonight." Zack said moving his hands like a DJ.

"Do I have to go to that?" Mara whined.

"Yeah you can wear a dress and everything." I said. she rolled her eyes at me.

"Like I want to do that. No part of me is excited." She said.

" She said

"Anyway which style do you like better? There's Wolfman Zack." he howls. "Hey, this is wolfman Zack spinning the hits of yesterday, today and tomorrow, baby." That was the dumbest thing. "Or yo yo yo, this is grandmaster Zack kickin' it old school with the wheels of steel." Oh god I hated both of them.

"I hope there's a third choice." Mara said and we both laughed

"But if you are DJing, I need you to play a slow song for Bailey and me." Both of them gave me a weird look once I said that.

"I didn't Know there was a Bailey and you." Zack said very rudely.

"Tonight, I'm gonna make my move and get out of the friend zone." I explained.

"Ha good luck with that once your in the friendzone theres no way out," Zack scoffed. "I'm still trying with this one." He said pointing to Mara laughed and rolled her eyes then dug her head into her book to hide her blush. I wish these two would just get together already.