Chapter 32: The illuminati of the sea

***
"I want to ask why, but I don't think it's worth it." I say to Woody as he comes over to us wearing a old person golf outfit and eating an onion.

"If you must know we are heading into the Bermuda triangle

"If you must know we are heading into the Bermuda triangle." He explained in a weird voice.

"That still doesn't explain why you're wearing my 80 year old grandpa's outfit." Cody said.

"According to the website wild-weird-and-wacky, they will keep me protected from being abducted by aliens when we enter the Bermuda triangle." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"You're not going to get abducted by girls either." Zack laughed. I tried my best to keep my laughter in unlike Zack.

"I think he already knew that." I whispered to Zack.

"Woody, there's no such things as aliens." Bailey said shaking her head.

"Mara, you like Syfy stuff you have to agree with me." He said looking at me with hope in his eyes.

"I do love syfy stuff but I don't agree with you." I paused. "Because everyone knows aliens can't swim and more likely to be in Bailey's farm then in the middle of the ocean." I explained leaving everyone with shocked faces.

"I'm not gonna take any chances.
More ships have disappeared in the Bermuda triangle than any other place in the world." He said.
"These waters are cursed. Cursed, I tell you!" He yells at us.

"Okay, Woody, there are other explanations for all the disappearances." Bailey tried to reason with the stupid boy.

"For a fact, this is one of the most highly traveled shipping lanes in the world. So statistically it makes sense that more ships would meet with an untimely fate." Cody explained.

"Plus there are rogue waves.
Fluctuations in the earth's magnetic core." Bailey added.

"I'm sticking with aliens." Woody concluded.

I face palmed myself a said, "you go for it."

***
Zack, Cody, and I were working when Mr. Moseby came up to us.

"Hello Mara, boys I have an envelope from your parents." He said handing them an envelope.

"It's an early birthday card from mom and dad." Zack said showing me the card.

"Aww, mom wrote us a poem.
'Your birthday is here and I'm really beaming. Giving birth to you boys was worth all the screaming'." Cody read. We all burst out in laughter.

"That is so mom-- heartfelt with a touch of guilt." Cody said as he pretended to wipe a tear off his face.

"Just think, only a few more days till we turn 17, the big one-seven." Zack said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Aww my baby is all grown up." I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey, they sent a check." Cody pointed out. "It's for $200."