Chapter 19- Ocean girl

***
"You'll never guess this one." Zack says as he hands Woody his infected smoothie. Woody chugs the drink and places down the now empty cup.

Mango, banana,orange zest cinnamon, tuna fish and you dipped your toe in it!" As Woody names off the items I gag at each one.

"Which foot? And which toe?" Zack asks like it makes a difference. WOODY PROBABLY HAS SOME DISEASE NOW. I like Zack but have you seen his toes, NASTY.

"Right foot. Pinkie toe." He says with a smile.

"You are a freak!" I say as I walk towards Cody who was on his shift of towel boy.

"Did you see that? People take way more towels than they need. It's so wasteful." He says, I roll my eyes not really caring.

"They're towels Cods chill." I say as I put a hand on his shoulder. All of the sudden we hear a loud yet soft 'help' coming from below the boat.

"Cody, what's wrong now?" Zack says as he walks over to us. I laugh and turn to lightly slap Zack.

"That wasn't me, it was a girl. I think it's coming from the ocean." Cody said. We all went to check and see what it was.

"its a girl." I said. There's literally no way that could be happening. Well I mean it could, she could've fallen over board but that's very unlikely.

"A hot girl." Woody said. We all turned to him and gave him a weird look.

"Floating on garbage!" Cody finished looking really upset by that.

"There's a babe in a bathing suit and you're focused on the garbage?" Zack said pointing at the girl. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"So you think she's cute?" I said crossing my arms. Zack looked very nervous at how I was acting. Before he could respond the girl called out once more.

"Hello! Will somebody please throw me a line?"

"No thanks, I'm good." I said walking away from the balcony.

"MARA." All the boys called to me.

"Fine." I groaned and rolled my eyes. I spun on my heel and walked over to them.

***
Unlike what I wanted we fished her out of the sea. A huge group of people swarmed around us to see the mysterious girl.

"So what's your name?" Cody asked as we set her down in a chair.

"I don't know." She said very confused about what was happening.

"All right, uh, where are you from?" Mr.Moseby asked.

"I really don't remember anything." She said looking at all of us. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"She's probably just the 'special' kind." I said doing finger quotes.

"No it's probably just Amnesia. Its memory loss often brought on by a traumatic event." Cody informs us.

"I doubt it." I mumble.

***
Zack and I finally got to work together for the first time in forever and to be honest I was really enjoying work, AND THATS SAYING SOMETHING.

All of the sudden Woody runs up to the both of us. "Zack, Zack, Zack. Mara, Mara, Mara!" He exclaimed. "Look look look. I have proof."

"Proof for what exactly?" I asked.

"That Marissa is a mermaid." Zack explained. Oh yeah that's her name apparently.

"Because that's totally logical." I sarcastically speak.

"Here look in "Briny man" 417 it clearly states that mermaids have tails when wet and feet when dry." Woody smashes his finger into the book multiple times.