Chapter 18- Old people arn't fun

***
Jobs suck. If you never had a job consider yourself lucky. I've been working ever since I was 13 and today this might be one of the most tedious jobs ever.

Today Zack and I are filling in for Connie, with helping the old people. I don't necessarily work well with regular people let alone old people. But I want to really push myself to become a better person.

Future Mara, that doesn't last very long.

We walked into the room full of smelly old people. "OMG I think their dead." I blurted out. Zack gave me a 'really' look like Cody usually gives to the both of us.

"Noooo." This old lady says really annoyingly. "We're just waiting for Connie." I could tell already that Mrs.Pepperman didn't really appreciate my comment that much.

"Whew! Yeah, we're filling in for Connie today." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"All right, everybody, so we're in charge of your fun-tertainment." Zack said doing a weird dance.

"Well, cut the chatter and let's jazzercise." Mrs.Pepperman said as she showed us some of her moves.

"Let's not and say we did. They bust a move, they'll bust a hip." Mr. Barker exclaimed so everyone could hear.

"I like that one he's funny." I turn and say softly to Zack as he just rolls his eyes and softly laughs

"Sorry, that's not till 2:30." Zack said to Mr.Barker.

***
We finally got all the elders out of the room and outside to the shuffle board. We now were wait for Mrs.Pepperman to take her turn.

"Any day now Mrs.Pepperman." I said to her annoyed at her taking literally FOREVER.

"Don't rush me." The old lady snaps at me.

"Okay, okay, just remember, some of us our dying soon. So take your turn." I fired right back at her.

She finally pushed the puck, but it was right a Zack's feet making him fall to the ground and letting out a small 'ow'.

"Ooh! Did I win?" She said jumping up and down while clapping her hands.

"No! That was the worst shot I've ever seen." Zack shouted at her and stepping closer to her.

"You think you can do better?" She said stepping at him too.

"Is that a challenge?" Zack asked.

I rolled my eyes, obviously he knows that it is so why even need to ask

I rolled my eyes, obviously he knows that it is so why even need to ask. ONE OF MY BIGGEST PET PEEVES.

"Unless you wanna get beat, pretty boy." She said. I really underestimated how competitive old people were.